Whemever

Identify and Group saves by introducing Character naming

Posted (edited)

OK I play on a PC, so i'm not sure how relevant this is to consoles, but I find the save system to be a little 'confining'. I was thinking if you allowed a player to name their character, it would increase 'ownership', then all the saves for that character could be stored as a reference to them. That way, instead of saved game - date, I could have saved game 'Fred' and saved game 'Wilma' and saved game 'Bam Bam', each of which would have their relevent saves stored, it would mean I would be able to remember where that character was instead of trying to remember what happened on a certain date. So I would select 'Wilma' and then would get a list of the saves/dates available (maybe even a pic taken when the save was made) with the default being the most recent for that character.

So the saves would look like:

Fred
	Save 1 - date - location
	Autosave - date - location
	Save 2 - date - location

Wilma
	Save 1 - date - location
	Save 2 - date - location
	Save 3 - date - location

Bam Bam
	Save 1 - date - location

Potentially each of the saves could have a screen pic grabbed at the time of save, plus an autogenerated comment, ie Save due to save & quit, User Save, Autosave.  The character name could have a character picture with it, so as you change your character, you can see their use

Edited by Whemever
Typo in title

You can already name saves, by clicking on the save and selecting the "rename save" button.