Posted (edited)

So, ever since the 1.09 update after renaming a world in the game, whenever I try and load the game again it will just freeze and stop working. Just today I was playing and renamed my newest world and left to go eat lunch quick. Then when I came back to it about 20 min later it crashed like my previous world had started to do. I thought maybe it had to do with renaming changing the gamefile location, but when I found the game files they were still in the correct location. After that I thought "Okay maybe it just doesn't like spaces in the names for some reason", but after removing the spaces on the game saves that aren't working they still wouldn't work. After that I made a new world and tried renaming it with a space in it and it still loaded me into the game properly without crashing... I have also looked at the files of the worlds themselves and could see no difference (other than the main name of it being different of course) in the type of file or anything. I have no idea what could be causing this. Please try and figure this out, so I am able to play the game as I am supposed to be able to.

Edited by JamJam731
forgot about something that may be helpful in determining the solution

Try this... Go into your save game folder and change the last two numbers in the save file name.

SAVE_1$2019.05.12-18.47.56.savegame

-to-

SAVE_1$2019.05.12-18.47.58.savegame

You can generally change it to whatever you want but I have only had success with ascending vs descending numbers. If this works it means that your save file was corrupted and for some reason the edit works. I hope this helps.