Sign in to follow this  
Point

3D Printer not reponding to button press

The 3d Printer is positioned up against a stone pillar that has power crystals on it, which seems to be stopping it from operating. Can I remove/or delete the printer and can I extend the power cable when building platforms to prevent this in the future (suggestion only). I would like to create a habitat which would solve this, or perhaps create the printer platform somewhere else but have run out of slots on the original habitat and can't reorganize the layout of my base.

20161226121523_1.jpg

About the best I think you could do is try and find a different angle to be able to activate the printer. Both the power spire and the base infrastructure are permanent and cannot be removed so your stuck. If you cannot access the printer at all you will need to start a new world.

As for the power cables, in a way yes. It is not required that you turn all small platforms into the big tables to build Modules on. Most base designs suggest you extend out 1-Resin platforms at least two away from the habitat before you convert some into tables. The small nodes in between then hold batteries or power generation. My ravine base (I really must get around to taking screenshots of some of the others) isn't a standard star pattern like your going for, but it should show you how nodes can be chained. The ridge line I built has power generation along the top, and in the front small platforms have batteries for power storage and machines are on the other side beyond where Im safe from storms while I work.

If you do some searching through these forums or even googling stuff like 'Astroneer base design' there are many ideas out there

ravinebase.png