With the introduction of the extra large shredder, and it’s inability to shred base platforms(unless packaged), I thought it would be a good idea to add a handheld shredder/ shredding terrain tool augment. This would allow us to shred things like platforms, taking longer but yielding more scrap the larger the item is. Things you can’t pick up such as the exo dynamics research aid bottoms should be shreddable as well. If the non-augment portable shredder is implemented maybe other  handheld devices such as an object scanner or a portable welder could be explored.

I would think of it as some kind of deatomizer augment which looks like a reversed building process which fills up "waste" canisters that can be traded.

BUT I would make it have a huge energy consumption to compensate for being a small size universal tool

1 hour ago, Igoooor said:

I would think of it as some kind of deatomizer augment which looks like a reversed building process which fills up "waste" canisters that can be traded.

BUT I would make it have a huge energy consumption to compensate for being a small size universal tool

Sounds like a good idea, thanks for the suggestion