GeneralMayonaise

How To Revert Astroneer To Previous Version In Steam

Since the 1.1.0 update has been uploaded to Steam, Astroneer has been crashing between 5-10 minutes of play after loading my save. I found instructions on how to revert the game back to 1.0.15 which has fixed the issue. I hope this helps those who are also experiencing this crashing issue. It's too bad because I know many of us were looking forward to the new features that are included with 1.1.0.

Happy Astroneering

Steam Community :: Guide :: How to Downgrade Game Version

There is another thread with an incorrect title with the same info, so please disregard that one. I apologize for any confusion.

https://forum.systemera.net/topic/52764-fix-for-those-whose-games-crash-when-trying-to-play-110/

I am creating an Astroneer specific guide for Steam users to downgrade to a previous (at least mostly working) version. I hope that this guide will simplify the process over the above guide and help others who experience the same crashes and issues I did with the EFT and 1.1.2 debacles. I am looking forward to feedback and comments be they positive or negative.

Posted (edited)

This is a quick guide to downgrade to 1.0.15 ONLY. All codes needed to complete the process in the Steam console are provided. I will post a complete guide when it is finished.

1: Right click on your Steam shortcut (mine is on the desktop) then click Properties.

2: Under the Shortcut tab (Properties should open to the Shortcut tab by default) find Target. In the text box will be the install path to your Steam directory. Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe (Note: My install path has quotation marks and will not work without them). Type -console (outside quotation marks, if applicable) then click Apply and exit properties.

3: Note: For the Steam Console tab to appear, you may need to restart Steam. Look for Console near the top of the screen and click it. In the text box, type "download_depot 361420 361422 3661519610339301579" (without quotation marks). Press enter. The first set of numbers is the AppID, second is DepotID, third is ManifestID. Just in the off chance anyone was curious.

4: You will start to see what you typed appear on the console. Underneath this, it should say "Downloading depot 361422 (2115 MB ..." Go to Downloads and you will see that it looks like something is downloading (X.X MB/s Current) but nothing will show up as downloading. THIS IS NORMAL. Steam is downloading to (your path to Steam folder)/Steam/steamapps/content folder.

5: Feel free to copy your original files to a separate folder outside common/ASTRONEER if you wish. From the steamapps/content folder, copy into your common/ASTRONEER folder and paste. Overwrite all (or you'll be there all day:P) and wait for the copy to complete.

6: MOST IMPORTANT STEP if you don't want to have to do this all over again after beating your head against the screen:S. This step will prevent Steam from updating your game. You MUST exit completely out of Steam, then go to (your path to Steam folder)/Steam/steamapps and select the appmanifest_361420 file. Find "StateFlags" and whatever number follows replace it with "4". Even if it's already "4", do it anyway just to be safe. Save the file and exit.

7: FINALLY PLAY THE GAME!!!! Hooray!!!! We're done! Make sure after starting the game to verify your version in the in-game settings.

Note: I had to find out the hard way that anything saved while the EFT Beta or 1.1.2 was installed is not backwards compatible. Almost at completion and had to effin start....all....over....again.... Just so you wont be surprised. As stated at the beginning of this post, this will only work to downgrade to 1.0.15. Future downgrades (as I'm sure we'll have to) will require different ManifestIDs.

I really hope I have simplified the process a little and hope this helps those of us who can't play the game without jumping through a gauntlet of hoops.

Happy Astroneering (hopefully)

Edit: I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback if this process does/doesn't work for everyone.

Edited by GeneralMayonaise

7 minutes ago, GeneralMayonaise said:

download_depot 361420 361422 3661519610339301579

P.S. Feel free to copy this directly into your console. Please don't type it in...I wouldn't want anyone to hurt themselves in the process🤕 It hurts my head looking at all the numbers🤯

Posted (edited)

thank you a whole big bunch........

you made so much more sense to this lost and confused wandering space poke...

now to sit up all night to do this..

and if you don't mind another page to add to my game binder

Edited by TaeLyn

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, TaeLyn said:

thank you a whole big bunch........

you made so much more sense to this lost and confused wandering space poke...

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help. I was really hoping it would be easier than the previous guide.

19 minutes ago, TaeLyn said:

now to sit up all night to do this..

and if you don't mind another page to add to my game binder

As did I, and you're more than welcome to. I ran through the process again and even re-downloaded the entire file just to make sure it would work. I'm still working on the full guide, so hopefully when/if we have to use it for a future version my short (by 2 steps, even though I think I cut out 3 or four from the original) guide will be helpful at least for someone who hasn't done it before.

Happy Astroneering

updating   installing   made glassy plunky noises   sign in to Steam and took me to updates iof 1.10

updating   installing   made glassy plunky noises  

sign in to Steam and took me to updates iof 1.10

launching.....

An error occurred while updating ASTRONEER (missing executable)

c:\programs files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER\Astro.exe

see the stream support site for more information

ok

maybe i should ask for refund

hyou sure the stateflag was suppose to be  4?

Posted (edited)

I'm very sure about the state flag. I double checked everything. I was thinking you may still be opted-in for the beta if it upgraded you to 1.1.0.

Edit: I was opted-out the first time I tried to revert.

What do you mean support?

I suppose this would have been helpful but after I entered the three IDs into the console, this is what I got back:

] download_depot 361420 361422 3661519610339301579
Downloading depot 361422 (2115 MB) ...
Depot download complete : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_361420\depot_361422" (2981 files, manifest 3661519610339301579)

Posted (edited)

dang it opened console so at bottom i put in the info you gave me and now waiting to complete

i wish i had my new chair with all this input and wait stuff be so much more comfortable

Edited by TaeLyn

just the download_depot 361420 361422 3661519610339301579 right? I hope I didn't cause confusion with my most recent post. xD I wish I had a chair, mine is a futon.

Posted (edited)

oh i just ordered it tonight

this office task chair is dying 

so i splurged a tiny  bit

..not much

but i did get one that takes care of the problem..

.looks sweet too.

nice gamer chair...reclines

Grammi will sit in it and try to take it away

.... yup just the console

Edited by TaeLyn

Posted (edited)

Awesome! I hope you get the new chair soon and are able to keep Grammi away from that chair :D I'm sure you want to get to the game, so as always

HAPPY ASTRONEERING!!

it sats in options   astroneer ,.....................1.1.2.0...

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why it's doing that to you. Like I said I double checked everything to make sure the guide was correct. I'm guessing it crashed on you? I'll go back and run through the guide again in the morning to see if I missed anything. I apologize in advance if I did.

I just sent an email to System Era and hope that they will respond some time this...year? I guess? I'm going to post the email on the forum for public viewing.

need to reinstall game i found out cause i got this

] download_depot 3614 20 361422 366151961033930 157 9
Depot download failed : missing app info for 3614

ok again i try

now this is weird      download_depot 361420 361422 3661519610339301579   the second group  361422  is a number associated with 1.1.2.0....

and that is what dl to my system      wonder if it was 20 in that last group instead