TaeLyn

Frozen in 1.1.2.0 steam update

5/10/2019 got an update to Astroneer from steam  to ver 1.1.2.0  and  in older save or a new start it totally freezes in about 12 to 15 minutes then  it will take down whole system,  i play many large fast paced MMOs and this is a first in a solo play.. so far ir has happened three times while using terrain tool and once after i just finish with said tool   it still occurred.... could some one left a code lock i n?  or any ideas to try on this end?

options.jpg

update lasted 5 minutes then crashed    frozen solid  no response 

this is what i paid for? i am very disappointed the game work so well before this patch.

I have the same problem, only my freez starts after 2 minutes after launch.  It is freezing and in the game menu.  I hope the developers fix it.☹️

17 hours ago, TaeLyn said:

i am finding it more in the windowed feature then the full screen feature  you from steam or xBox?

Hi!

I've got this problem too. It may happen in 2 minutes from launching as well as in an hour. 

Steam. Playing on low graphics. 

dalmikeev ,  how do i remedy this situation  a message flash by fast about steam i didn't get to read do i need to get the patch re-download or reinstall the game or what  i it unplayable or do i just ask for a refund and try to get it elsewhere?

yes i am upset...on a fixed income and don't have the money to spend on things that don't work.

I can confirm this happens as well. about 5-30 minutes into the game, it will freeze up. 

whatever threads are running the UI deadlock, leaving only the audio running. Task manager reports the game as not responding.

Windows 10 V 17763
Motherboard: GA-78LMT_USB3
GPU: AMD RX 480 with Driver Version 19.3.1
CPU: AMD FX-4350
Astroneer 1.1.2.0

On 5/11/2019 at 6:07 PM, TaeLyn said:

dalmikeev ,  how do i remedy this situation  a message flash by fast about steam i didn't get to read do i need to get the patch re-download or reinstall the game or what  i it unplayable or do i just ask for a refund and try to get it elsewhere?

yes i am upset...on a fixed income and don't have the money to spend on things that don't work.

I found a way to downgrade to the previous version of your choice. It worked for me. It is a little complicated, but definitely worth a try if you enjoy the game....when it works.

Steam Community :: Guide :: How to Downgrade Game Version

Hope this helps you.

Have reported tte same thing in another topic @Axum - totally identical to what is happening with you.  Screen freezes 2-30 minutes into playing, music is still playing, Task Manager says Astroneer is not responding so the only option is to End Task and start again.  Doesn’t appear to be linked to any particular activity in Astroneer and in fact can happen when doing nothing at all.  Astroneer was very stable prior to this in Version 1.0.15. Not sure anyone from @Sysadmin, @SES_joe is actually reading this but couldn’t you put a path back to the previous version in preferences in Steam where you had the Beta version while you sort this out.  Love this game as it is not like the others I have seen from my son’s collection.  I downloaded it for him but ended up playing myself!  

Windows 10 Pro V17763 Surface Book  Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz : RAM - 16GB

From steam, the workaround seems to be to launch the game with the "-nosound" option, as it seems to be a sound-related crash. 

well i can not access the console so how am i to do this?

believe me i have tried

ok people i have requested a refund from steam on the game 

it keeps crashing and it even locks up my computer ..so i can not play it

please follow your own heart and do not let me be your guide...

i am going to see if i can fins some game not so buggy to play.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:33 AM, Axum said:

I can confirm this happens as well. about 5-30 minutes into the game, it will freeze up. 

whatever threads are running the UI deadlock, leaving only the audio running. Task manager reports the game as not responding.

Windows 10 V 17763
Motherboard: GA-78LMT_USB3
GPU: AMD RX 480 with Driver Version 19.3.1
CPU: AMD FX-4350
Astroneer 1.1.2.0

I cannot open the old wordls did this happen to you? and if it happens to you what should I do?

update... refund denied  of course......on to next step...i had to spend 100+ mow on a newer video card...

not the 1060...like everyone else ...tried it before

so i just step up a notch and got a 740  with 4 GB s of Ram GDDR3  ... and guess what..

i got so happy  i played it for like 6 hours then something reset and i lost it all...

..i had to delete older save they would not open....

but when i logged on Sunday i got a notice saying and update in downloading

and every time i when in to the shelter at bottom of screen it said .....

√ saving game              which i never saw before 

if you still have problem i did have some success 

with the -nosounds in the property setting of game ....try that

still waiting for the fix and update be announce  or was it the little on on Sunday

dunno....

For what it's worth, I have had no issues with Steam version.  However, I have not loaded a save game from 1.0, when 1.1 came along I started a new game.  

i6700K, 32G, 1080, gigabyte gamer5, Win10