Astroneer Tips

A very buried Gateway chamber

I never had a Gateway this much under "rock"!
From the other side the rock almost reaches the top!

I'll have to wait until I can get a drill. And I sort of recently got started, so it'll be a while :(

Just sharing... 

A.T.

20190507221428_1.jpg

20190507223816_1.jpg

AT:

That's a really tough break. I see lots of digging in your future, but I think I'd rather have that then a gateway that is suspended in mid air high above the ground. I've seen posts from people that have that situation. I guess I'd rather clear off soil than have to build a long ramp. Good luck with your situation.

FCB

Instead of a drill, you can still use  Augments ... Boost and Large combined can help you. You'll need power though... 

Bushmills:

Thanks for the info and the link about AUGMENTS! I had no clue that was a thing, and the wiki does a great job of explaining it. I have used tool mods very rarely, but now that I see some new possibilities, I may have to get on the bandwagon.

FCB 

15 hours ago, Bushmills said:

Instead of a drill, you can still use  Augments ... Boost and Large combined can help you. You'll need power though... 

Thanks for the idea! :)

8 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I don't think all the augments work as designed do they? I just fiddled around with the terrain analyzer and well I'm not sure that is WAD.

I've never tried it out but this is what the Wiki says:

Terrain Analyzer: Stores Terrain color, and can be used later to paint the terrain with the stored color once the augment's gauge has been filled. Can also be used to Deform/Terraform a set color without affecting other terrain colors. (For example, when using an Analyzer that is filled with "snow" on terrain that is not "snow", the terrain will not be removed.)

I guess that could be useful.

8 hours ago, GeneralMayonaise said:

stored color once the augment's gauge has been filled.

I just fiddled with it for a few minutes but I did not see a gauge. I can't tell if it is filled. I can't tell what colors it is filled with. I can't figure out how to use/select a particular color. I know this augment has been borked since day one, it has never worked as designed. If it works today, me can't figure out how. Yet 

Ok, just tried it again. I'm standing at a spot where 4 colors of soil meet. Using just the Terrain Analyzer..... it will suck up the blue soil like a boss. It doesn't suck up the purple, green or orange soil. It only deposits blue soil. I can see what I think is supposed to be a gauge but it just remains clear. 

The last time I tried this augment was early 2017? If my memory serves, looks the same to me, broked 🤔

On 5/16/2019 at 12:39 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Ok, just tried it again. I'm standing at a spot where 4 colors of soil meet. Using just the Terrain Analyzer..... it will suck up the blue soil like a boss. It doesn't suck up the purple, green or orange soil. It only deposits blue soil. I can see what I think is supposed to be a gauge but it just remains clear. 

The last time I tried this augment was early 2017? If my memory serves, looks the same to me, broked 🤔

Put full terrain analyser on top slot (it takes about 20 seconds to fill and I think it beeps when done)
Inhibitor in #2.
Use ALT add dirt = paint

I had to youtube to work it out too but once I got it it made sense.

I had the up in the air node. Wasn't hard building a ramp... was hard not falling off to my death while activating it.

Falling to my death would be another reason that I would prefer a buried Gateway to one suspended in mid-air. Hahahaha