Sign in to follow this  
Time Lord [Gallifrey HQ]

Game doesn't close properly, eats lot of memory

After closing the game, the .exe file keeps running, and doesn't close ever by itself. Each time, I need to manually close it from task manager.

All progress is saved, the game only suffers a bit from my older pc, but generally runs well. The problem starts whe I close it.

After closign the game, the still background running application starts eating up basically all of my memory, preventing me from opening task manager in many cases.

NOTE: I use 2 screens, and have youtube open most of the time in a chrome tab, and I am sure it adds to the problem, but I've tried, and the application doesn't stop when chrome hasn't even been turned on yet either.

I also have this problem. After I quit out of the game (completely, not just to the menu), it keeps running sometimes. If I try to launch the game again, it says it is already running. I frequently have to open Task Manager to force end the Astro.exe program. It doesn't happen every time, more like 40% of the time. Minor inconvenience, which is why I never reported it.

• Platform: Steam
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: GTX 1050
  • Drive: WD Blue 250GB SSD