aegis737

Game Freeze

it looks like the current beta thingy has some memory leak again

the current beta thingy stops with freezing screen but music is still running

my specs are

AMD QUAD CORE with 3.8ghz

Memory 24gb at 1600mhz

Geforce 960gtx 4gb

i am sure the official update will fix it ,but i share what happens with the beta so maybe can some SES-Dev look at the code of the game

This bug leaked into the new version 1.1.2.0 and made the game unplayable with freezes every 5 minutes.

Posted (edited)

I just bought game. Freezes after every 5 minutes, will this be fixed or should I refund?

Edited by katrocitus

As the subject line says "Freezes", doesn't crash, the video freezes while the sounds/music.continues.  Attempting to close Astroneer by clicking the "X" in the upper right accomplishes nothing.  Short of rebooting the PC I need to open Task Manager to close Astro.  Once one does this you can immediately start up Astro again, play along 5 to 20 minutes and then BANG!  Repeat until frustrated.  Note that I have uninstalled, deleted stored games, deleted previous downloads of Astroneer and then began the installation from the Steam program multiple times.  System Information file attached: Sys_Info.txt

SyS_Info.txt

Exactly the same thing happens to me.  Games freezes, music still playing.  Have to go into task manager to close Astro then reboot.

no one seems to have noticed my post, but mine freezes when i try starting a game, namely the tutorial. this has been going on for months. i bought the game a year ago. since every post i have seen they have a geforce. maybe thats the problem? hard to tell since it is the number 1 gaming graphics card brand. and if it is, i dont know how the developers didnt test that.