SES_joe

Update 1.1.2 - May 10, 2019

Loll , after month claiming they test on console , Astroneer just unlock their two first achievement on Xbox One 7 hours ago , they switch suit , and join a multiplayer game ( not the 4 hours spent in a multiplayer game, wonder why ? ) , so much for the '' we test the game on console '' . so maybe now we will finally see real improvement make for Xbox player . 

9 hours ago, Clo33 said:

This update and certification for xbox. She will arrive before the weekend normally. We'll see what happens with all these perf optimizations. We can always hope.

The cert process has changed slightly. The update is expected Wednesday, US Pacific Time. Though there are solid reports of performance (fps) improvement, I wouldn't get too excited about the chrashes on Xbox just yet. 

The crashing at the end is on the roadmap as a major issue though. 

41 minutes ago, thebobinc said:

Loll , after month claiming they test on console , Astroneer just unlock their two first achievement on Xbox One 7 hours ago , they switch suit , and join a multiplayer game ( not the 4 hours spent in a multiplayer game, wonder why ? ) , so much for the '' we test the game on console '' . so maybe now we will finally see real improvement make for Xbox player . 

I'm sorry, that's not very clear English. I agree that Xbox is being overlooked, absolutely. We seem to only receive 'trickle-down' improvements, with nothing designed to improve our experience specifically. It's disappointing but clearly they consider the larger player-base on Steam more important. 

Yes, there are performance issues on Xbox, but achievements in unlocking is an Xbox issue, not an Astroneer issue. It's all kinds of messed up at the moment - it's mostly related to the Microsoft servers as well as the Xbox cache. I think Microsoft have had some background issues they haven't mentioned. 

I've played a different game most of the way through in the last couple of weeks, and haven't had any achievements unlock. Maybe I should restart my console if they're unlocking again! 

what is not clear ?  if you own the game on xbox then in the official club of the game you will see that there were 2 news posting , 2 achievement unlock , before that the previous communication or post on that club dated 174 days ago , and those 2 achievement unlock that pop up are from Astroneer System Era directly because no one else can make a new post in that club or post something . 

and M$ server at fault ?  🤣

at least i wanna thank the  ses team for letting people beta test the patch at least for a week to maybe grab one or two last bugs. i think no matter your opinion on this game is and how fast they are or are not making changes, you have to admit this is a good step, letting the comunity help . i do wish they would of done this before 1.0, let us beta test it.

11 hours ago, Blind Io said:

The cert process has changed slightly. The update is expected Wednesday, US Pacific Time. Though there are solid reports of performance (fps) improvement, I wouldn't get too excited about the chrashes on Xbox just yet. 

The crashing at the end is on the roadmap as a major issue though. 

Do you mean today or do you mean next week? Cause I don’t know anymore. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kara herrin said:

Do you mean today or do you mean next week? Cause I don’t know anymore. 

Today. There's a delay because they're investigating a crash. It might not make it out today but 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Blind Io

10 hours ago, thebobinc said:

what is not clear ?  if you own the game on xbox then in the official club of the game you will see that there were 2 news posting , 2 achievement unlock , before that the previous communication or post on that club dated 174 days ago , and those 2 achievement unlock that pop up are from Astroneer System Era directly because no one else can make a new post in that club or post something . 

I play exclusively on Xbox and as I said in the other thread, have had many achievements unlocked for quite some time. That's why you're not making sense. There's nothing on my Game Hub about achievements so I'm not sure where you're looking. There's still nothing I can see on the feed since 0.10.5.

10 hours ago, thebobinc said:

It's not because they do not mark anything that they do not do anything. Search a little by yourself. Look at the roadmap. The Discord page and you will have all the answers to your questions. It's a very small studio. But they work very hard to improve their game. Just like me play another game until they improve performance. It will save you a lot of frustration

6 hours ago, Blind Io said:

I play exclusively on Xbox and as I said in the other thread, have had many achievements unlocked for quite some time. That's why you're not making sense. There's nothing on my Game Hub about achievements so I'm not sure where you're looking. There's still nothing I can see on the feed since 0.10.5.

well they remove their post , i saw at 4 pm they unlock 3 other achievement and they also remove those , guess they don't like people comment calling it ironic to see them finally playing their game on xbox , 

6 hours ago, Clo33 said:

It's not because they do not mark anything that they do not do anything. Search a little by yourself. Look at the roadmap. The Discord page and you will have all the answers to your questions. It's a very small studio. But they work very hard to improve their game. Just like me play another game until they improve performance. It will save you a lot of frustration

well i jump in the first week the game came to game preview on xbox , until the full release i never complain about how the game ran , but that's 3 month ago that the full release happen , and as far has i'm concern you can't still play the endgame cut-scene without getting kick out to dashboard because the game crashed . that is beyond patience now . the roadmap unless it change last week never mention anything about Xbox player having to endure 5fps gameplay , Discord , twitter , the forum , it's only ever mention about the steam player base when they post something , and how many account should i need to follow these guy ? and why do i have to be into social media to be keep up to date ? 

the small dev team excuse don't work anymore , they sold more then a million copy of the game , at 25$ a piece , for 20 dev , they're all into the 1% now like Bernie say , so they can hire more then 3 new engineer to fix the issue .

And when ever they mention Xbox player it's follow with a lie , like on April 19 in the April 15 update patch note on twitter, when Joe said he can launch a game on Xbox One X and cannot recreate slowdown or crashes , mention it must be something very wrong with the save , must have spawn 1000 of object ???  weird, just by holding the camera on the joystick in one direction when launching a new save it start to drop frame and spike , not having exit the drop ship yet !

Last playing another game while they fix this one , is like telling my boss to not worry about the fact he ask me to come in at 8 am and i show up at 10 am , and reply don't worry boss in the end company will make profit at the end of the year so it doesn't matter if i showed up 2 hours late.

7 hours ago, thebobinc said:

Last playing another game while they fix this one , is like telling my boss to not worry about the fact he ask me to come in at 8 am and i show up at 10 am , and reply don't worry boss in the end company will make profit at the end of the year so it doesn't matter if i showed up 2 hours late.

Wow, what a bad, bad analogy. You are not obligated to play this game. You don't owe SES nothing. @Clo33's point of view is quite right, if you ask me. You can either play something else while they fix stuff, or play the game in whatever state it is right now, your choice. But if you do and it aggravates you, it's on you, because you can choose to play something else...

As for me, I'm going to play for a while to test the new stuff when the update finally comes out, then back to something else until they release dedicated servers, no worries. I don't dedicate my life to playing games. I play for fun only. If it's not fun, why do it? Go chill with something else and let SES do their thing. The game's not going anywhere. "Shikata ga nai..."

16 hours ago, KingMonkey said:

Anybody heard anything about 1.1?

Supposedly Microsoft rejected the update on Xbox because of a bug. We're still waiting...

23 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

Supposedly Microsoft rejected the update on Xbox because of a bug. We're still waiting...

What! A bug?

Why am I not suprised.

Little question to the xbox players that we are trying to update. Does the game slow down further when the base expands?

Posted (edited)

it's little better then before , you gain maybe an extra 5fps , it seem to lag a little less but in a game with a large base it still fall in the 5fps , in vehicle in went from 3 fps to maybe a 10 fps at time but not for long .  as soon i get to the mantle level of the planet it drop down again to 5 fps , 

is it just me or the game seem a little more dark then before , render distance seem shorter as well , the render did not affect my gameplay but i realize that i use to see my tether line from further before . the smelter will not auto feed unless you place one piece directly on the space to smelt it , then it will auto feed the rest one by one , power consumption also seem off , i never had issue using drill mod , booster mod and wide mod together when attach to a tether line or rover that have a rtg , now i keep running out of power and have to way to recharge 

Edited by thebobinc
typo probably many left but i'm lazy

5 hours ago, thebobinc said:

it's little better then before , you gain maybe an extra 5fps , it seem to lag a little less but in a game with a large base it still fall in the 5fps , in vehicle in went from 3 fps to maybe a 10 fps at time but not for long .  as soon i get to the mantle level of the planet it drop down again to 5 fps , 

is it just me or the game seem a little more dark then before , render distance seem shorter as well , the render did not affect my gameplay but i realize that i use to see my tether line from further before . the smelter will not auto feed unless you place one piece directly on the space to smelt it , then it will auto feed the rest one by one , power consumption also seem off , i never had issue using drill mod , booster mod and wide mod together when attach to a tether line or rover that have a rtg , now i keep running out of power and have to way to recharge 

OK, thanks. I will wait again before resuming the game then. I will try to see what happens on xbox one x.

42 minutes ago, Clo33 said:

OK, thanks. I will wait again before resuming the game then. I will try to see what happens on xbox one x.

I agree with you! now I'm losing confidence in this game that for xbox is not optimized for nothing and on social media programmers do not give more explanations! we are very disappointed me and my social friends about 40 people!

The FPS bump was nice, the consistent ctd and/or complete system freeze after 5-10 min (about 30 min was my max) was not. When are we going to get a stabilization patch that fixes crashing? I think that *might* be a little more important than content updates..... I have already posted a bug report and had to revert to 1.0.15 just to extend my crashing time from 1-3 hours. That seems just a little backwards to me. Maybe test a little more before release and check your bugs section once in a while.

wow that is a lot of stuff  but now its in

and no one can play

due to crashing

no more content till crash is fixed please

On XBOX ONE X:

- Finaly scene finish without crashs 👍

- while playing the game crash after 20-30min while walking around 👎

Now, I've enough from crashing-Astroneer. It will be erase on my console and I will say "good bye" 👋

Well, according to the Discord server, this isn't even occurring so save your breath. I am starting to doubt the devs are even aware of how severe the issue is? Or that they know this bug is caused by something related to the sound, since you can play it with the -nosound switch just fine? What I saw on Discord was not encouraging and I feel like we may have to wait for a long time before we see a fix. I'm talking about the PC version.

I don't think the devs care that much if they are not willing to spare 1 minute to provide an update saying that they are aware of the issue and what the progress is.

CHANGE MY MIND.