Sign in to follow this  
MarcusUniversee

Hyrdrazine only ONE Ammonium

I am already towards the end of the game, and I still only use solid fuel thrusters over hydrazine thrusters because ammonium is hard to find and make with the soil centrifuge. I would probably start using hydrazine thrusters to if Ammonium was either easier to find or hydrazine costs one ammonium. Tell me what you think!

On 4/28/2019 at 6:56 PM, MarcusUniversee said:

Tell me what you think!

I do think that it is kinda dumb that a whole new solid fuel thruster costs less to make than 1 hydrazine. Though if you use up a solid fuel thruster and only have the junk of it left, you can scrap it and get some material back, I personally use the trading platform and scrap to get most of my ammonium (and even most of my materials) as 1 scrap = 1 ammonium,  and it is really kinda easy to get scrap. This method also helps if you have a lot of a certain material and need to either "exchange it" or get more of another material. You can use multiple soil canisters and a soil centrifuge to make compound or resin, make an object out of that compound, resin, etc. shred it and trade that scrap for materials. The best part is that you can collect soil on your adventures if you'd like and if you find ammonium then you can mark it out or whatever and return after unloading your backpack of whatever you harvested/collected. Then you can empty your canisters and get more materials that you can scrap and get even more materials from this process.

I also have a large rover with an RTG attached, a crane with drill mod 3, med storage and seat, another large rover body connected to it a large storage fitted with 4 medium storages, and then another final large rover body with a large shredder on the back of the last rover body is a winch and 2 work lights, on the front of the rover I have 4 soil canisters, 2 canisters on the drill and like 2 to 4 soil canisters and 2 oxygen canisters on my back. I go around with that and try to find detritus or wrecks and try to scrap anything around it, out of the 5 storages that I have attached to my rover "train" I have like one and a half full of lithium, two and a quarter full of ammonium and the rest full of scrap plus my backpack was full of misc materials that I collected, I made another large storage and four more medium, I went out for another 20 mins or so and filled 2 or 3 storages with materials which I converted  from oxygen filters, tethers, and single seats into about 2 and 3/4  to 3 scrap pieces, which I traded for more ammonium, not to mention all of the broken wind turbines, solar panels,  broken tethers, power cells, and what-not that i found and shredded . The rover also helped me powering up the gateways on Sylva. 

I know that I kind of went off topic, which I apologize for I was just explaining the way I get so much ammonium, but I think that the hydrazine should stay as it is, or make it 1 ammonium, and 1 carbon or something a little easier to find than ammonium, although it isn't that hard to find it, it gets a little frustrating if you have to travel a long distance to find 1 ammonium so that you can make hydrazine to get off the planet. I am not completely fond of the idea of making hydrazine out of 1 ammonium and 1 hydrogen. I would like to either see it a little easier to make or possibly even the reintroduction of the fuel condenser. I know that this (might) ruin the game for some people, but you don't have to use it if you don't like it, but if you did like it as I did, well I guess then you have to suck it up if they don't reintroduce it, which I don't get why people complain and get it taken away for everybody, really kind of miss it. Anyway these are just my thoughts and you can approve/disapprove of them if you'd like, but if you use my setup, tell me how it works out for you. I'd love to hear how your experiences are with it.

You can trade for ammonium 1:1 at the trade platform. Hydrazine lasts for quite a while compared to a solid thruster.

My vote is for the hydrazine thruster. I use the trade platform for most of the Ammonium that I need, but some of the planets have decent supplies of ammonium just laying around on the surface of the planet. I find is quite surprising that you can find ammonium laying around among the trees in a lot of the forests on certain planets.

Posted (edited)

Well, I've discovered that it is WAY more useful to use hydrazine thrusters rather than solid fuel ones. For one, Solid fuels only have enough for a round trip (4 maneuvers), while one hydrazine can power two full round trips (8 maneuvers), and since one hydrazine costs two ammonium, so it still costs a proportional amount of ammonium, which also means that the hydrazine can get double the travelling distance in the same size. Also, you don't have to use an aluminum for every round trip. In addition to all of this, you can put THREE hydrazine on a single thruster, giving a single, completely fueled hydrazine thruster TWELVE round trips or FORTY-EIGHT maneuvers. That's six times as much travelling than the solid fuel thruster! Also, hydrazine thrusters don't break.

Edited by Spacebyrd