JohannesJ 🐑

My character is stuck inside a teleporter thing

I am trying to get to the center of every planet and while trying to power one of the teleporters the middle part raised up and my character got stuck inside it. I don't think there is a way to kill your character so I can't get out, ever. Help.2019-04-28_22-11-35.thumb.jpg.85717b4aa9b68bc337fdade859583bba.jpg

I just had a similar issue happen to me.  Every Gateway on every planet activated except the Atrox engine.  Just about to activate the engine and "finish" the game when I fell into, I believe, one of the legs leading toward the engine.  I've tried everything to get out.  Since it is impossible to die here and, judging by the lack of responses... I'm guessing I'm just out of luck.  Perhaps there needs to be some kind of self-annihilation as a last resort method of overcoming bugs like this.  

16 minutes ago, pkeller55 said:

Perhaps there needs to be some kind of self-annihilation as a last resort method of overcoming bugs like this.  

Eh, not really. If we could manually save games it would make your issue and all those like yours disappear. For example you could have saved your game before you started play today "Last Gateway" save for example. Then you start to play, the above happens to you, just upload your pre-game save and walla! All is good in pkeller55ville again!!!! 
For whatever reason (I've never read one) the devs don't place this issue on their to do list despite it having been posted/complained about on a weekly basis since December 2016. Also known as a "Legacy Issue" not a bug perse however games have been having manual saves since like 1995? 🚬

I just checked the Development Roadmap https://trello.com/b/UoZgKrd3/astroneer-development-roadmap and I did not recognize anything in there about save games. I did however see that time was well spent on horns for vehicles, so ya know........ there is that to look forward to.🤬

Agree that manual game saves, or maybe keeping multiple saves a version or two back, is a good solution.  I still vote that forced re-spawning should be available, too.  If anyone doesn't like that option they simply don't have to use it.  I find it preferable to losing everything just as I'm about to finish the game.  I'm an old timer with over 1300 hours in the game going back to early Alpha.  I'm also a software developer so appreciate that bugs are inevitable but being able to re-spawn right now would be such an easy fix for a problem that's not a consequence of my own actions and, apparently, unsolvable is something the devs do need to address in some way.

My overall thoughts with new features for Astroneer is 'the more features, the better". We totally need some sort of force kill option. I have actually thought of this before but never knew it to happen.

I'm having this issue as well, I hate that this can happen, I would love there to be something where you can load an older save or a kill mechanic but there isn't. I have SOOO many hours on this save and don't want to restart, this is definitely something that needs to be added and soon! Till then I think I'm gonna stop playing until this is fixed. Hope you guys have a good day! :) 

I reported this recently to the devs and when I did, I was they had "written this one up already".  Hopefully that means it'll be fixed soon. 

Currently the only fix I know is to invite someone into your save and have them unplug the power cable to the chamber.