The Touch of Grey Gamer

April Update.....................

Where you at?

I watched OneLastMidnights vid on the you tube. 

Started to watch the vid but Joe uses the word "like" far too far too far too much for me to listen to. 
So I watched this video by OLM. 

Apparently this is the last week in April so the April patch has to come out this week. 
What have ya'll seen? Heard? 
What is in this patch/update?
When is it going to be released? 

Go Bruins! 

I'm getting my base all cleaned up for tomorrow's update. I'm making space for the new super large shredder! I'm also collecting numerous pieces of large and larger debris. I've got a nice little junkyard going now.

I've made a space in the production part of my base for the new shredder. I also have a spot set aside for the rocket boot factory. I'm hoping a new piece of equipment will be needed to produce the rocket boots or the fuel etc. 

Will there be any new resources introduced? I really do hope so. I love the ones we have now however we've had them for a long time now. 

I'm also making it a point to collect all tethers not in use. I've gone to every planet and removed every single tether except for the one from the planet's base to the core. I'm expecting the update to come out tomorrow so I want to track my FPS #'s before and after this update.

I'm also looking forward to some new fauna. 

And did ya hear about some of the augments that are going to be available? 

I haven't found a new research pod in about 50 hours played.... and I'm bummed...😟 Do you think any new research pods will be introduced in this patch? I hope so too! 

I'll be splitting my time between this and BF1 today. I'm just wicked good a both so........😎

49 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Last day of April OLM, is today update day?

Fingers are crossed!

If the official discord can be trusted, the answer is no.  Looks like a controlled release Thursday-ish and full release early next week.

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2019 at 8:40 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I'm getting my base all cleaned up for tomorrow's update. I'm making space for the new super large shredder! I'm also collecting numerous pieces of large and larger debris. I've got a nice little junkyard going now.

I've made a space in the production part of my base for the new shredder. I also have a spot set aside for the rocket boot factory. I'm hoping a new piece of equipment will be needed to produce the rocket boots or the fuel etc. 

Will there be any new resources introduced? I really do hope so. I love the ones we have now however we've had them for a long time now. 

I'm also making it a point to collect all tethers not in use. I've gone to every planet and removed every single tether except for the one from the planet's base to the core. I'm expecting the update to come out tomorrow so I want to track my FPS #'s before and after this update.

I'm also looking forward to some new fauna. 

I haven't found a new research pod in about 50 hours played.... and I'm bummed...😟 Do you think any new research pods will be introduced in this patch? I hope so too! 

I'll be splitting my time between this and BF1 today. I'm just wicked good a both so........😎

Like I said on the "Updates?" thread that you posted, it should come out soon™. They are saying Thursday for Steam and next week for other platforms

Imagine what we could do with the Extra Large Platform C (supposedly an Extra Large slot with 2 Large slots for 'wings')...plot twist, flying platforms..........

One could place [insert here]s in the center and store [insert here]s on the sides... One could even place 4 Large Modules... The wings could be have storage and the center could have a module and power... UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES!

Resources? Fauna? sounds like 2.0, not 1.1!

and did somebody say................................................................................................AUGMENTS!!!???

Edited by CopperyMarrow15

why dosent ses promote someone here among some of the older members of the forums to like a cm role. so the cm or cms can answer questions and also have a line to talk to at least someone at ses to help answer questions. ses joe any chance on ses thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, diseasedmeat said:

why dosent ses promote someone here among some of the older members of the forums to like a cm role. so the cm or cms can answer questions and also have a line to talk to at least someone at ses to help answer questions. ses joe any chance on ses thoughts on this?

Well, that CM is Joe.
Members sure won't just get an official position like that.

1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Ok, just watched OLM.......... it looks like it will be out today!
YEAH!!!!

Any word about which platforms will update today?

7 hours ago, Wyvyrias said:

Well, that CM is Joe.
Members sure won't just get an official position like that.

i mean one that actually has a presence here, but i understand what you are saying. just a wish to have better communication

Steam will be getting access to the test branch. They've run into a nasty bug so it'll probably be tomorrow, now. 

3 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

What could this mean? 
There will be more than one?

ummmmmmmm.....................you said it first.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:40 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

19 hours ago, KingMonkey said:

Any word about which platforms will update today?

18 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I'm fairly certain that OLM plays on PC. I don't think he mentioned any other platforms 

Like @Blind Io said, Steam gets early access to the update while XBOX and PC are left in the dust.😥

Posted (edited)

I still don't know what augments are.

"make (something) greater by adding to it; increase."

Augment the smelter? research chamber? backpack? What be augmented? I know you know! Spill the beans!!!!! 😎

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

On 4/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Go Bruins! 

Fellow Mass hole?

I'm just waiting for dedicated servers. Never was a fan of the shredder mechanic, but that extra large platform looks promising...

19 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

Fellow Mass hole?

I'm just waiting for dedicated servers. Never was a fan of the shredder mechanic, but that extra large platform looks promising...

A Nutmegger me!

Hoping they add more resources soon. There is or used to be a site that had pics/descriptions of 15 - 20 future resources. I can't find it now (maybe deleted) but I'm hopeful that we can craft more with more recipes and some future requests from EXO Dynamics. IMHO, EXO should be giving us bytes in exchange for; plant seeds, resources, research pods, etc. I would do away with the research chamber and replace it with EXO. 

I'm happy for the shredder because now I can create a hugely massive junkyard. I'm going to put it in a valley, a small valley, however from the top it will look so cool. 

I too am waiting for dedicated servers so I can host a weekly game. I'm off every Monday and Friday and Saturday so I have some options. 

Also, I hope there is something for Astronium in the near future. Why it there? What it fer? 

well i guess since they unlock their first two achievement on Xbox One 7 hours ago that it must be delayed loll , they only switch suit , and joint a multiplayer game , not spent 4 hours for the other multiplayer achievement or neither going to the center of the planet . so much for the we test on console that they claim for month now . i would not put my hope too high if i were you 

47 minutes ago, thebobinc said:

well i guess since they unlock their first two achievement on Xbox One 7 hours ago that it must be delayed loll , they only switch suit , and joint a multiplayer game , not spent 4 hours for the other multiplayer achievement or neither going to the center of the planet . so much for the we test on console that they claim for month now . i would not put my hope too high if i were you 

Again, but more specifically, what are you talking about? I've had most of the singleplayer achievements for months.