For a little window of time more than a year ago, SES_dev let us choose our start planet. Those were the days when there was no easily available starter minerals and some games just could not be solved. That is not the case today. I just played a 'contrived' start on Vesania, with no hab available (so better not die!) and it was a week of pure bliss. This was a challenge but doable, if I just kept my head about me. Honestly, I haven't had this much fun in Astroneer in a long time. I know there is a chance to choose 'Starter Planet' slated for the Creative mode. PLEASE don't make us go there to get this available. I like to play this game with challenges and creative mode just doesn't do it for me. On any game. This would be a very easy way to ratchet up the difficulty level for those players who want it. And trust me, approaching 1100 hours in game, I WANT to find enough challenge to keep me interested!

20190417230117_1.jpg

I definitely agree.  I also have >1,000 hours in the game and have completed all of the achievements on both the Steam and Microsoft platforms.  I love playing this game, obviously, and I find creative ways to play all the time, but every save starts exactly the same as the last.  The procedural generation of the planets makes each save unique, but it doesn't challenge me anymore.  I feel like starting on a planets with increased difficulty would be a widely welcomed addition.  Having the ability to adjust the difficulty at all would be welcome, actually.  

On 4/22/2019 at 3:28 PM, Gina said:

The procedural generation of the planets makes each save unique, but it doesn't challenge me anymore.  I feel like starting on a planets with increased difficulty would be a widely welcomed addition.  Having the ability to adjust the difficulty at all would be welcome, actually.  

System Era, you really need to listen to your LONG, LONG, LONG TIME players, and fans.  Difficulty settings and selected planet starts need to be added to the game ASAP.  There is no reason not to add these features except time, but investing the time to develop these features extends the life of this game 1000 fold.

I understand, business, is probability shouting we need more content.  So you work on things like horns and rocket boots, and while fun, don't add extended value to the game.  Difficulty settings however will extend the current game play and give you time to work on more substantial content updates.

The biggest problem I hear, outside the game not working correctly, is the lack of content and it is too quick to finish the game.  Provide us value sliders for amount of resources that spawn, amount of research values, crafting costs, and power generation, and you give your users an endless combination of starting settings.  Imagine the possibilities.  A start, if I want, with 50% less resources, 25% less research values, 75% more crafting costs, with overall power production reduced by 50%.  WOW!  That would be fun, and wait, I can try a different one.

When you gave us alternate start for that short period of time, you breathed life back into your game for that period.  Truly.

These features solve the lack of content for at least 6 months.  People will go off and try various combinations of startup settings, and challenges with those settings.

Please.

We really need to be able to pick our own starting planet as well as actual spot on planet we land.  This would allow us to make our own difficulty per se

11 hours ago, OneLastMidnight said:

System Era, you really need to listen to your LONG, LONG, LONG TIME players, and fans. 

They would have to come here first...............and since they don't............you need to post this on another platform.........so they can hear you 🙀