Cinnamunoo

Automatic Soil Centrifuge Canister Transfer Improvement

When a canister containing soil is placed on the same platform as a Soil centrifuge, it is automatically transferred to the soil centrifuge to empty the soil contents of the canister into the centrifuge module's internal soil buffer. This functionality is great, but has a minor flaw. A canister which has just been emptied in this way will be replaced by another canister containing soil, to continue filling the centrifuge until the centrifuge is full. However, once the centrifuge is full, an empty canister is left on the centrifuge's canister slot (assuming that two full canisters were used). While I understand that this is done to facilitate the storage of a partially filled canister on this slot while the centrifuge is in use, it has a major downside on the quality of life while using the centrifuge with large batches of soil. As the empty canister is left on the centrifuge, a slot on the medium storage from which the canister was taken is now empty, allowing the contents of the centrifuge operation to empty into this slot instead of the canister, which is still on the centrifuge slot. This means that the canister and items must manually be moved around, which is annoying for bulk centrifuge operations. 

My suggestion is to add functionality for the centrifuge to eject empty canisters from the centrifuge slot to other platform slots. This would allow for complete separation of canisters and centrifuge products, allowing for easier and more efficient use of the module.

Current Result:

image.png.e856777d7498badf7809014b0aa99a41.png

Desired Result:

image.png.60fd747e5135d8e990074d8bb4fc12ba.png

Thank you to SES for all your hard work, and I hope that you will consider my suggestion for implementation.

image.png