Sign in to follow this  
charliefpg

Sylva and resources from other planets.

Hello;

I could not find an specific thread for my issue but. While exploring Sylva I find myself lacking of some elemental resources (namely Wolframite and Hematite) which are necessary for, at least, the Chemistry Lab and the Trading Platform, as well as the shredders. Which in turn will allow us to access further technologies and tools.

How do you work around this? in the Wiki it explicitly states that you might be able to find working Medium Generators while exploring underground but, is there a realistic and tangible possibility of finding wolframite, hematite, or working modules (such as the shredders or the trading platforms)to overcome the natural lack of availability of certain resources in this planet?

At least on your own experience during gameplay if you could find ways to work around this.

Thank you.

Edited by charliefpg

11 minutes ago, charliefpg said:

How do you work around this? 

Use a small shuttle and a solid fuel thruster to get the resources from other planets. 

Glacio has hematite. 

Calidor has wolframite. 

17 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

Use a small shuttle and a solid fuel thruster to get the resources from other planets. 

Glacio has hematite. 

Calidor has wolframite. 

Reasonable. But I still need the Chemistry Lab, which requires tungsten, to access the solid fuel thruster.

15 hours ago, charliefpg said:

Reasonable. But I still need the Chemistry Lab, which requires tungsten, to access the solid fuel thruster.

No you don't - the thruster needs 1 ammonium and 1 aluminium.

The hydrazine thruster requires fuel crafted at the chem lab, the solid thruster doesn't, it's just good for 4 jumps. 

7 hours ago, Blind Io said:

No you don't - the thruster needs 1 ammonium and 1 aluminium.

The hydrazine thruster requires fuel crafted at the chem lab, the solid thruster doesn't, it's just good for 4 jumps. 

That's...

That's new. I checked the wiki yesterday and saw something entirely different. Checked in today and you are right.

Thanks.