Sign in to follow this  
The Touch of Grey Gamer

What a day.........

Yesterday was!
I must have played for a total of 8 hours (two four hour sessions) without a single crash! It was so much fun to be able to play hour upon hour without having to save the game fearing a crash or having the game crash all together. I had just so much fun! 
Now I know the update that came out on Friday (4/12) was not a single player update but I've gotta say, I think I'm seeing some improvements in my game. I've not played like that in weeks and I think my frame rate went up by 10. I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure after the update I've got 10 more FPS after 1.5 than when I shut the game off on Thursday. 
My Game: The only save game I have since 1.0's release. I've have to have more than 200 - 225 hours on this single save. 

I think I spent 3 - 4 hours yesterday rearranging my base. For dozens of hours I was just transporting resources/pods/items etc. back to the home planet/base. I was just putting anything anywhere as quickly as I could just to get back into the shuttle and continue my quests. Dozens of hours of that sloppiness left my base a huge massive mess. Raw resources with crafted items, 8 different items on one storage, storge not on top of other storage, ya know a real Col. Custer Cluck. Now, my base is nice and neat. All the resources are now neatly organized with their corresponding equipment attached. 
I like putting the gasses on the big round extra large storage platform A's. I put a candle (light) on the very top spot to light them up at night. I really like the look. Next to those on that wing of my production facility is the AtmoCodo &  ChemLab.
My pride and joy, my research pods have their own section on the base. Although this section is not for production it is more for relaxation and eye candy. The Pod Museum is a nice warm place where Astroneers can come and unwind from a long difficult day of exploring. Grab a glass of Popcoral Wine and and just unwind looking at the beautiful Research Pod Art Gallery.
I'm thinking that in a future update/DLC there will be a need to have scrap. I think we will be doing something with it in the future. Either a larger scrapper or crusher or it may be able to be sold or traded for other items. Either way, I'm constructing a Junkyard. I'm calling it Yard Goat Scrapyard. Next to the scrapyard is where I store all my dynomite, just in case the future holds nothing for scrap. I can then have fun performing explosions! 
I only have one extra large platform B filled with Astronium. I'm not sure why I don't have more, I just don't. Astronium is pretty and I like the way it looks on a huge platform but eh, I don't have more.
I'm working on filling one extra large platform B with each and every resource. So that is 880 of everything. Or all of the everything's that will fit onto medium storages. Well no things like augments because that would be silly! 

Speaking of storages.... I hope one day we can have a crafting station where we can construct our own storage platforms.
I have only 10 Zebra balls. I'm not really looking for them and sometimes when I find them if they are too deep or too much of a pain to carry back I just leave them. I like them, but like them better when there were 3 different ones. Just a nicety not a necessity.
Sometimes, I like dirt farming. It relaxes me and it is like demolition work, so it is fun to destroy things sometimes even if it is just a mountain. I think I have three - four hundred canisters filled with soil. 

I hope you have as much fun in your space travels today as I did yesterday! 

Good for you, TTOGG! I was very happy to be able to play crash/dropout free for the day yesterday on the save that I started right when 1.0 released. I was having the issue where the game would only run for a minute or two before quitting. I was over joyed to get all that work back and be able to move forward with the game. I still have lots to do and I'm hoping that the problems do not recur down the road. Thanks to the folks at SES for making that happen.

Fantastic!

Joe's confirmed there were multiple non-MP-specific upgrades that were not captured in the patch notes. 

Hopefully Xbox gets a solid fix for crashing on save soon, it's still a little too much of a wait to reload the game so often. 

11 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Fantastic!

Yeah, I had a blast! It was a lot of fun to be able to play crash free for so many hours! I really enjoyed it. 

I'll be playing more this afternoon as I'm still searching for that dang RED Research Pod found by everyone else on Sylva except for me