BackSinner

1.0.14.0 - Steam - Audio channels reversed.

Posted (edited)

Summary:
1.0.14.0 - Steam - Audio is reversed. Things on the left side of the screen sound on the right and vice-versa.

Description: 
I just created an account simply to report this bug as it's become a bit of a pain to work around. I just noticed that the game audio is reversed as soon as I set up a base in Desolo. I've noticed it in the past and chucked it off as being a temporary bug, but now that I'm on Desolo I can hear the steam vents on different sides as well as all the equipment I've set up, and its become a bit distracting. I loaded up a different game save and the problem occurs there in Sylva. The problem occurs on two different computers as well. It becomes rather obnoxious when I'm excavating and hear a plant attack me from the sides and I end up running in the direction of the plant and it kills me, because I heard it on the wrong side. I could provide footage if necessary, although upon googling this problem, I've found others are having the same issue and there are videos out there also with the same exact problem shown. Let me know.

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

• CPU: Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ
  • GPU: EVGA Geforce 1070 8GB
  • RAM: 32GB DDR3 1600Hz 
  • Drive: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB 
Edited by BackSinner

Posted (edited)

I confirm this bug.

I add to this that when I'm in base and near a sound emitting structure (soil centrifuge, wind turbine, etc) even if I rotate the camera (the audio should be relative to the camera, not the guy, right?), its sound is fixed on an ear while it should rotate syncronously with the camera rotation.

Edited by Nekudotaim