Astrostar

Game won't save!!! Please help!!!

Hi,

There is no save game to load on the main menu. Just the 4 astronauts and no hologram on the right.

I am using Tab to save the game at the habitat and I get the meesage that the game is being saved.

Can you please fix it? I have to start over the game everytime I want to play.

Thank you.

I am playing on PC and bought the game on Microsoft store.

I actually dont know where it has been installed. I cant find it on C: or D:.

When I search for Astroneer in the store it tells me that the game has been installed but I dont know where it is :(

I have uninstalled it and install again but it doesnt give me the option to choose a disc to install it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

I found out that the game is saved somewhere on C drive. not sure where but found some SystemEra folders in App data.

Anyideas why my Astroneer won't save my progress?

Thanks.

Game save files are in C//users/*your user name*/AppData/Local/Astro/Saved/SaveGames/

At least, that's were they're supposed to be.

So, maybe there's a mismatch between where your game is being saved and where the game looks for them when you launch it.

Maybe if you find a "Astro" folder somewhere in your PC, keep a copy of them, and try to reinstall the game, then put the save files you found in the right place?

Good luck.

22 minutes ago, Whitedog44 said:

Game save files are in C//users/*your user name*/AppData/Local/Astro/Saved/SaveGames/

At least, that's were they're supposed to be.

So, maybe there's a mismatch between where your game is being saved and where the game looks for them when you launch it.

Maybe if you find a "Astro" folder somewhere in your PC, keep a copy of them, and try to reinstall the game, then put the save files you found in the right place?

Good luck.

Thank you, this is very helpful. I found it but somewhere else.

users\admin\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\LocalState\Astro\Saved

Any ideas why is it like this and how to fix it?

No idea. But if you found some save files, try to put them in the folder I gave, ( create any folder that doesn't already exist, respect the upper/lower case ) and see what  happens.

Here's a copy/paste of the right folder ( assuming your user account name is "admin" ) so you can respect the upper/lower case:

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

It won't work as there  is no folder SavedGames, just Saved and inside Analytics and Config.

The game is just not where it should be. I wonder if it is my PC or the game.

Anyway thank you for trying to help :)

If the folder I told doesn't exist, create them, and copy your save files in it, and see what happens when you launch game.

Did you find some save files anywhere in your PC? The name of mine looks like this :

AUTOSAVE_0_2016.12.26-12.31.36.sav

Edited by Whitedog44

Hi,

Every time I load back in its to a different save than the 1 I left.I have checked for AUTOSAVE_.. but the last time it was modified doesn't fit the time I left and that's even for a different game(Witcher).There's is no sign of Astroneer anywhere in files?

I enjoy starting all over again for another 20 hour session,I love this game so much!! But its getting tiresome now of losing cranes and drills.

Thank you.

Awsome Awsome Awsome game!!!

I'm using windows 10x64bit

2x8GB@1600hz RAM

A10-7850k-R7 AMD APU

AMD RX270 GPU

I hunted down the save files for the win store version. (they're in some kind of "container" which I assume comes from being a windows store app) The folder the files are appearing in for me is C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\SystemAppData\wgs\LONGTWOPARTSTRINGOFHEXADECIMALDIGITS

I tried tossing the files, but then Windows just syncs with the cloud and they're back.

So no help so far, but I'll check back in if I find anything else.

Ok, seems that the widows store app have a different way of storing save files. :/

I tried to have a look in the program files and find where the path could be written, but as I'm not a dev myself I got lost.

I guess it may be a sync problem, and can't tell if it's windows' or astroneer's fault. Good luck...

Thanks guys. I searched through the forum and looks like more people have problems with saving the game bought through Microsoft store.

I have no Astro Autosave files at all or at least I cant find them. I only have Witcher Atosave files from October.

I hope Devs will fix it sooner than later as the game is real fun! :)

Ok, finally got rid of them! (removed saves from the Win store version)

It took multiple tries, but if you go into "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\SystemAppData\wgs"and delete the main folder in there, (lots of digits, not the folder named "t") the next time you start the game, during the preamble with the spinny thing, windows will pop up saying it's syncing. It took me multiple tries, but if you click "cancel" at the bottom of that, and then "stop syncing this app" (the right half still at the bottom) it's possible to reset all the saves.

It seems the game reenables syncing every time you launch it though, because after choosing to stop the syncing, finding the saves again, trashing them, and relaunching, it popped up yet again to say it was syncing files. So my theory is you have to cancel/confirm fast enough before it manages to sync the save files. 

Here's hoping save files get some management/ui options soon.

Sorry, one last update:

After further experimentation, if you go to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\SystemAppData\wgs\00090000010C2292_6C0B0100B10345C3B55AA1C421DDC84D" you'll find a container file and multiple files with digits for names. If you delete just the container file, it will erase everything. If you delete any one of the other files with digit names, it will take out individual saves. (removing these files doesn't seem to trigger the windows sync)

Crap, one more edit. Inside that folder, you have to go one level deeper to find the files I'm talking about. so inside of "C:\Users\tyroney\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\SystemAppData\wgs\00090000010C2292_6C0B0100B10345C3B55AA1C421DDC84D\0CE03754BB9547DDBBCDFD40DAC99228"

What a pain.

Edited by tyroney

13 minutes ago, tyroney said:

Ok, finally got rid of them! (removed saves from the Win store version)

It took multiple tries, but if you go into "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\SystemAppData\wgs"and delete the main folder in there, (lots of digits, not the folder named "t") the next time you start the game, during the preamble with the spinny thing, windows will pop up saying it's syncing. It took me multiple tries, but if you click "cancel" at the bottom of that, and then "stop syncing this app" (the right half still at the bottom) it's possible to reset all the saves.

It seems the game reenables syncing every time you launch it though, because after choosing to stop the syncing, finding the saves again, trashing them, and relaunching, it popped up yet again to say it was syncing files. So my theory is you have to cancel/confirm fast enough before it manages to sync the save files. 

Here's hoping save files get some management/ui options soon.

I will try it when I get home. But do you actually have any Astro Autosave files stored there or in any other folder that you have deleted?

I do have this "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\

and various folders inside but no SavedGames folder nor Autosave files.

It's in there. Here's a screenshot of the location, as well as one save file and the master container file. (the digit of the container file keeps incrementing)\saves.png

My SystemAppData folder is emtpy. I searched for wgs folder on the C: drive but there is non. It seems to me that the message about the game being saved is a fake one.

I will keep enjoying my one-off session with the game until this is fixed :)

One more thing to try - (I got distracted by save location, forgot you couldn't save in the first place)

Go into (windows) settings, system, apps, highlight astroneer, hit advanced, and in there you can reset the app. (which should remove all settings/put it back to fresh install status) 

10 hours ago, tyroney said:

One more thing to try - (I got distracted by save location, forgot you couldn't save in the first place)

Go into (windows) settings, system, apps, highlight astroneer, hit advanced, and in there you can reset the app. (which should remove all settings/put it back to fresh install status) 

I did that and resetted Astroneer, save still doesnt work. I also moved the entire game to a different hard drive which is empty so I could easily find any files related to game saving and couldnt really find anything.

Thanks for all your help :)