KindAlcoholic

Patch notes - 4/4/19?

Yeah, my Astroneer client is currently 1.0.14. Can't find any patchnotes. Must be some very minor bug-fix or something. 

Also stay tuned for details on a patch for later this week to address multiplayer performance, more crash fixes, and performance upgrades!

The above was posted by JT on a steam page  

I've got nothing on my end. No updates, no Steam updates, no nuttin.
Maybe it was just a console update?
Maybe they are going to work today (Saturday)?

Started the game twice, both times crashed within 10 seconds of loading. 

Outline of the updates for version 14 below, via reddit. Steam only. Microsoft next week (Xbox backend improvements apparently were less than perfect).

This isn't an official list. Haven't seen lots of feedback on the multiplayer improvements yet. 

SmartSelect_20190406-203019_Chrome.jpg

No changelog for the patch....it just proves that they don't care for this forum.

1 hour ago, mikk said:

No changelog for the patch....it just proves that they don't care for this forum.

Yeah, one wonders why they even keep it.

Also the forum is still named 'Astroneer - Early Access + Game Preview'  even thou the game is supposed to be out of early access since 6th of February . . .

The REALLY need to hire someone who understand proper communication. There should be ONE SOURCE OF TRUE (IMO, this forum) and all other forms of social media (Twitter, YouTube, Discord, Reddit, etc.) should point there. The lack of participation and communication in their own forums is incredibly insulting to paying customers.

52 minutes ago, JimBearUSA said:

The REALLY need to hire someone who understand proper communication. There should be ONE SOURCE OF TRUE (IMO, this forum) and all other forms of social media (Twitter, YouTube, Discord, Reddit, etc.) should point there. The lack of participation and communication in their own forums is incredibly insulting to paying customers.

@JimBearUSA yeah, I hear ya. Some of us have been stating this for years now. The odd thing is there are a couple of videos where SES state that they need to improve their communications however as you have noted, it has not happened. 
As far as your paying customer observation. I would say that SES is far more concerned in obtaining new customers (Xbox) than their existing customers. Or even more so; legacy customers.
Those of us that were there for SES way way back in 2016 are currently and have always been ignored.
As you so aptly stated; SES are not on their very own forum. They have not been on their own forum since its inception. So for those of us who have been a customer since 2016 we have been ignored for years on SES's own forum. 
So imagine how insulted you would feel if you have been a customer since 2016! We've not been communicated with for much longer than even SES realizes. 

4 hours ago, JimBearUSA said:

The REALLY need to hire someone who understand proper communication.

For a great example of how to do communication really well, look no further than the Factorio devs. They always post detailed patch notes, take feedback seriously, respond to bug reports quickly, and keep the community in the loop on what's going on. I especially like that when they post patch notes they often link the forum post where the bug or issue was reported and discussed.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:20 AM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Also stay tuned for details on a patch for later this week to address multiplayer performance, more crash fixes, and performance upgrades!

The above was posted by JT on a steam page  

I've got nothing on my end. No updates, no Steam updates, no nuttin.
Maybe it was just a console update?
Maybe they are going to work today (Saturday)?

Started the game twice, both times crashed within 10 seconds of loading. 

I did not get this on XBOX. It must be only for Steam and very small.

1 hour ago, SynaGl0w said:

For a great example of how to do communication really well, look no further than the Factorio devs. They always post detailed patch notes, take feedback seriously, respond to bug reports quickly, and keep the community in the loop on what's going on. I especially like that when they post patch notes they often link the forum post where the bug or issue was reported and discussed.

I can not agree more.

2 minutes ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

I did not get this on XBOX. It must be only for Steam and very small.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:35 PM, Blind Io said:

On 4/6/2019 at 8:35 PM, Blind Io said:

Outline of the updates for version 14 below, via reddit. Steam only. Microsoft next week (Xbox backend improvements apparently were less than perfect).

This isn't an official list. Haven't seen lots of feedback on the multiplayer improvements yet. 

SmartSelect_20190406-203019_Chrome.jpg

20 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

So imagine how insulted you would feel if you have been a customer since 2016! We've not been communicated with for much longer than even SES realizes.

Actually, I have been. And I have reported errors. And I have been ignored.

30 minutes ago, JimBearUSA said:

Actually, I have been. And I have reported errors. And I have been ignored.

joe@systemera.net