Oh, I forgot to write a few more.

Tier: 3 or 4
Required bytes: Same as 4 Tier Solar Array (5,000 byte)
Materials: Similar as 4 Tier Solar Array. But a little different. (1x Copper, 1x Glass, 1x Aluminium Alloy, 1x Graphene)
Generate power: Same as 4 Tier Solar Array or much more (8.0U/s or above)
Condition: Strong wind(3 Tier) or Very strong wind(4 Tier)
Cable plug: 2 or 4 (4 Tier only)

Great idea!

I disagree on the tier 3 or 4 wind though. If this was the case, no one would get it, just go for the solar panel. Think about it... the whole reason we build such Large wind turbines is so they work in lower winds. In my mind, this would be a late-game thing where, with a couple (5?) turbines, a small wind could keep you sustained. Kind of like RTG’s, it: takes a lot of research and resources, but provides constant power. These things would take less research, and less resources, but is less reliable (wind doesn’t always blow, some planets have no atmosphere)

also, I love the look of the helical turbine. It totally fits the game style I think.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:42 AM, Astrofun said:

Great idea!

I disagree on the tier 3 or 4 wind though. If this was the case, no one would get it, just go for the solar panel. Think about it... the whole reason we build such Large wind turbines is so they work in lower winds. In my mind, this would be a late-game thing where, with a couple (5?) turbines, a small wind could keep you sustained. Kind of like RTG’s, it: takes a lot of research and resources, but provides constant power. These things would take less research, and less resources, but is less reliable (wind doesn’t always blow, some planets have no atmosphere)

also, I love the look of the helical turbine. It totally fits the game style I think.

But, Solar power is already have 4-Tier module but Wind power isn't. Isn't it?

Sorry, we misunderstood each other. I know what you meant by:

1 hour ago, KOR_APUcard said:

But, Solar power is already have 4-Tier module but Wind power isn't. Isn't it?

This is correct. We have “small wind turbine” and “small solar panel” in T1, “medium wind turbine” and “medium solar panel” in T2. In T3, we have the “solar bank” and the RTG. I guess that the giant solar array wreck counts as a T4, but it doesn’t really matter.

this new one would count in T3. 

What I was saying is for the solar bank, you obviously get 50% on, 50% off. But for the new T4 wind turbine you are thinking up, the requirements are 3 speed or 4 speed wind, which I think would make it irrelevant. (I don’t have any data on wind types however.) It is evident that if the T4 turbine is to be balanced with the T4 solar, it would need to be 50%, 50% as well, if it had the same power output. (It could also be active 25% of the time, with 2x the power, or 75% of the time, with 75% of the power. I would discourage anything higher than 75% because that is the realm of the RTG.)

On 4/24/2019 at 1:35 AM, Astrofun said:

Sorry, we misunderstood each other. I know what you meant by:

This is correct. We have “small wind turbine” and “small solar panel” in T1, “medium wind turbine” and “medium solar panel” in T2. In T3, we have the “solar bank” and the RTG. I guess that the giant solar array wreck counts as a T4, but it doesn’t really matter.

this new one would count in T3. 

What I was saying is for the solar bank, you obviously get 50% on, 50% off. But for the new T4 wind turbine you are thinking up, the requirements are 3 speed or 4 speed wind, which I think would make it irrelevant. (I don’t have any data on wind types however.) It is evident that if the T4 turbine is to be balanced with the T4 solar, it would need to be 50%, 50% as well, if it had the same power output. (It could also be active 25% of the time, with 2x the power, or 75% of the time, with 75% of the power. I would discourage anything higher than 75% because that is the realm of the RTG.)

But, I really wanted  large wind turbine if developers adding some kind of weather system(like a sandstorm, rain, storm, etc.)...

This is the information I found on the Astroneer wiki.
1465027295_FireShotCapture042-Power-OfficialAstroneerWiki-astroneer.gamepedia_com.thumb.png.41c91d90a01ba78edb0305d660c2d402.png

Solar Array(as known as, Large Solar Panel) is 8.0 power. And RTG is 4.0 power. However, the generator with 8.0 power has only a large solar panel.

Yeah, I know, developers will not add weather systems. But if it does, will not Atrox planets be able to use large solar panels, and will not it be the day when large wind turbines become available?