President

Upgrading to pc (had xb1x)

Just wanted to know if anyone has made the transition from Xbox to pc recently. I would love to know your thoughts and experiences. Is there a noticeable difference? How are the frames? I just started up the game today since launch on my Xbox One x and the frames were getting pretty choppy in the first 40 mins. If you only ever played on pc I would also appreciate some feedback on performance; I’m building a pc soon so It would like to know if there are things I should be aware of. 

I'm averaging about 100 fps but I am unable to run for more than 10 to 30 minutes before the game crashes. So I can't really tell you how much it's dropping after 1 hour of play. As for my rig, I'm running AMD Ryzen 2700X with a Geforce GTX 1080.

Edited by Mak-a-Face

Three things: Processor, Video Card & Monitor are all very important to run this game at its highest settings with great framerates. The faster/better those three components are the better/faster the game will run.

My advice, spend as much as you can afford if you are a fan of eye candy. As this game surely has a lot of beauty with proper rigs

Game on gamer!

I get jealous watching PC Astroneer streams! Having said that, the latest patch is a huge improvement for Xbone (new save). I played all the way through, unlocking every core, and it crashed once right near the end (and the cutscene).