Sign in to follow this  
Plawerth

Junk platforms are usable. So they're not junk

If you go through the effort of dragging a "junk item" machine platform over to your factory, you may discover that it is not in fact completely useless. They usually have one functional power port, and although they don't have a cable, they accept a cable connection to them. And they accept working hardware on top that functions normally.

If you were really stuck for building up a base on a deserted planet, you could get along okay with gathering these and tying them together with constructed platforms.

So how exactly is this somewhat useful item considered just "scrap that is to big for salvage" ?

image.thumb.png.6755c0d51f69396bb2301065755c21fa.png

42 minutes ago, Plawerth said:

So how exactly is this somewhat useful item considered just "scrap that is to big for salvage" ?

Mainly because constructing platforms is so extremely cheap. Cheap in that they require the most basic of resources to construct. Cheap in that those resources are extremely plentiful

By the time you 'drag' one of those broken pieces of salvage back to your base I would have constructed multiple platforms that work 100%

In addition there are no deserted planets. Resources are extremely abundant on all planets

4 minutes ago, JimBearUSA said:

It is too bad we don't have a Subnautica style Repair Tool, LOL.

+1

I'm not so sure I would use it. Not that it is a bad idea as I'm sure some would use it. So I would not mind if it were in the game.
For me however the resources needed to build platforms are so readily available I'm not so sure I would bother to repair any other than the ones right next to the base to make the base look better but that's about it I would think.