soulshined

Is Atrox bugged? I can't get to the chambers

Please try not to spoil if you can help it, but I've been playing since Early access (~200 hours) and pretty well versed in how this game works, but I can't get to the chambers in Atrox. They are just floating in the sky. NO other planet is doing this. I know Atrox is hard difficulty, but I've tried using dual thrusters to get to the chambers, I've tried using a space shuttle and ramps but these guys are super super high and I'm beginning to think they are bugged. Which really sucks because I don't want to start a new world. See picture attachment and without spoiling it let me know if this is bugged and the world is glitched or not. Every chamber is like this1466261098_DesktopScreenshot2019_03.24-13_09.02_09.thumb.png.91ff6a683eef6e82162fb6d6115ca45c.png

There's only one way up there and that's building a ramp. If you ain't able to make it up there using a ramp then you may have to start a new game from scratch.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mak-a-Face said:

There's only one way up there and that's building a ramp. If you ain't able to make it up there using a ramp then you may have to start a new game from scratch.

Thanks, so this is normal for other players? I dont see any twitch streams or youtube videos with this outcome and every chamber is like this, so creating ramps that long for each chamber isn't my idea of fun. I'll start a new game without deleting this one just to see I guess. I just want to make sure it's not a bug, otherwise I'd send in a bug report so they can investigate accordingly.

Edited by soulshined

50 minutes ago, soulshined said:

Thanks, so this is normal for other players? 

I don't know if I would call it normal however it does happen. Of all the Gateway Chambers I have in my current universe only one was above the ground and it was not very high off the ground. Your's sound higher off the ground and maybe @Mak-a-Face is correct, maybe a restart is in order?

14 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I don't know if I would call it normal however it does happen. Of all the Gateway Chambers I have in my current universe only one was above the ground and it was not very high off the ground. Your's sound higher off the ground and maybe @Mak-a-Face is correct, maybe a restart is in order?

That really sucks. I spent a lot of time decorating and building cute structures in my world that I'm really proud of. Kind of demotivating to start a new one so I might build a ramp for each one so I don't lose this save. This is gonna take forever :( Thanks for the input though guys

59 minutes ago, soulshined said:

This is gonna take forever :(

If building these ramps takes too much time then you could just build a ramp steep enough and wide enough for a character to climb then build out a small platform to place a landing pad. After that you'll just need to setup a large shuttle with a couple of large storage then add some batteries and RTG. Just need to carry a few large platforms "A" in crates and use them to connect on the gateway.

1 hour ago, Mak-a-Face said:

If building these ramps takes too much time then you could just build a ramp steep enough and wide enough for a character to climb then build out a small platform to place a landing pad. After that you'll just need to setup a large shuttle with a couple of large storage then add some batteries and RTG. Just need to carry a few large platforms "A" in crates and use them to connect on the gateway.

launch pad strat is nottt a bad idea. that would take care of 5/6!!! There is 1 chamber smack in the middle of a massive crater. So i'll have to build a very very long ramp, but that's a good strat. not used to having launch pads so it didn't come to mind. Thank you

Oops,  that's right. You can't carry large platform A on yourself. So you'll need to being some with you when setup the landing pad.

My most recent run saw an Atrox exactly like yours.   The terrain was also more tortured than I've seen it before.    Usually Atrox is pretty easy to drive across, but not this time.  

Said "Challenge Accepted!", grabbed a few extra canisters and made ramps large enough for my large rover-drill and activated all of the gateways there. 

This glitch is quite common. I suggest simply building a ramp. It is not very difficult. I can see that you have already done so successfully. This also makes for an awesome base location.

This is insane. I've always worried about gateways being buried under the ground but never though they could fly in the sky.

This happens because of the same issue that causes underground chambers (not engines!). From what I can tell the game chooses one chamber and puts that at surface height, while all the others have the exact same height. So if the first chamber spawns in a valley, the others might spawn underground; likewise, if it spawns on a mountain then others might spawn floating in the sky. If you look around on your planet you might find a gateway on top of a mountain!