Rianon

Redesign of the Compass Widget to make it more visible.

Right now the compass widget is extremely difficult to see on a bright white terrain, like on Glacio. What I suggests is to add a black outline to the compass shape, that will makes it visible in all conditions. I understand this can be not an easy, two-click task, 'cause it looks like the texture of the compass is used in a mask mode and therefore can't have two different colors at once. But nothing impossible. And it'll be extremely useful to all.

Or how about just like the compass that is used in the game Satisfactory? Find a video on the utube. No matter where the player goes, he/she ALWAYS knows where N-S-E & W are. More importantly the player also ALWAYS knows where the home base is. 100% of the time. No fuss, no muss. 

I like the idea of a black outline because it is almost impossible to see the compass under certain conditions. Maybe I'll try to look up the compass used in Satisfactory, and I think a heads-up compass would be great. Then you could see it walking around, or when you're in a vehicle. That having to get out of the car to check direction is a major PITA. I'm not so keen on the "Home this way" item though. Having the challenge of being able to get back home is a good thing. Don't wander too far off without marking your path is something that folks need to learn. Beacons and making ground markings with the excavation tool make this easy, but you need to remember to do it before you get lost.