Menkalinan

Astroneer Save editor? Adding resources or items to your player inventory?

so, recently my game just encountered a very severe serries of bugs that cost me a lot of resources and time. Two rovers, diamond drills, rtgs, some helium, a large shuttle, some thrusters and more got lost.
fist as i approached the gateway engine on atrox i got kicked from my pilot seat, then it flew off my rover though the map. as i cant launch my shuttle (packaged) i couldn't escape. with no accessible compound i had nothing i could do to make another pilot seat so i died and re-spawned to mount a rescue attempt. second attempt: half way through the SAME BUG happened but this time my only other diamond drill flew off, leaving me stranded inside a cave of hardness 3 rock. whats worse, is when i started to drive back out the way i came, the terrain had REFORMED, leaving me utterly trapped underground.
(interestingly enough, as i was writing this my game crashed with no exit error)

I need some kind of save editor to fix this pickle or im flat out gunna stop playing.
i can deal with bugs and occasional glitches when there's a way to remedy their effects.
but with this level of glitch that just ****'s you over at the worst time... not cool.

i CAN get the materials again, but have you any idea how many hours that would take? and how many more materials id have to waste in rocket fuel and crafting?
ironically the RTGs were the smallest loss. i just really didnt want to have to have to manufacture a truck load of graphite again in order to make that shuttle, then mine a bunch more copper to make the rovers again (base supply is currently out).

the direction of entry doesn't really matter, the problem is just the annoyance of hours of wasted time from two glitches in a row that should have been impossible.
sure i can grind and get all those resources back, but honestly, i don't feel like it anymore.

This is why I back up save files often and manually of course (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames). This game's save system is really annoying, as you cannot manually save to a different file and can only rename it in place.

In most other games that I can, I save between multiple files incrementally, so if something happens like a bug, crash, or save corruption, I can easily restore. But either way manual save backup is good to do. The other option they don't offer is to to quit without saving. Now the fact it saves when you enter a seat on a vehicle has been helpful, since you can reload to back when you entered the vehicle. This has help me many times recover from those types of bugs.

I feel like being able to simply copy a save from the main menu (along with the Load / Delete) options would be hugely helpful.  Even if I have to remember to make manual backups sometimes, that'd be far better than wiping out progress from a game-breaking bug.