Trenton

is there a place i can contact where my bugs will actually be noticed?

I have been trying to contact system era for a month now and all I got was things from "advanced members" saying I should have this and this and I obviously don't! that is the whole point of me trying to contact you guys. I will send this every day if I don't get any response from someone trying to help.

not trying to be a ****, but you guys are being one.

Astroneer Play Time.PNG

What Happened.PNG

No Retro Suit.PNG

i believe they sometimes check the forums, but tbh they really dont or at least it dosent seem like they do. at the very least they are never active on here. i would assume your best option is to try to contact or report your issue in their discord. i know its ruff, i agree with you, i think they should have someone who actually is dedicated to the forums who actually speaks for the dev team.  what they do lack in communication they do make up for in wanting to fix the game.  i dont think they understand fully the damage they are causing by ignoring the forums.  Only thing i can say is most likely they are aware of your issue and are trying to fix it.

Thank you! I did not know they had a discord server though... if only they made it more open that they did. thanks again!

34 minutes ago, Trenton said:

Thank you! I did not know they had a discord server though... if only they made it more open that they did. thanks again!

There's a link on the forum footer and in the main menu on the website as well as a sticky post on General on the forum... 

Discord is not the place for bug reports, that's what this forum is for. Joe, Chloe and Veronica often check the forums. They don't post much but they note issues. If they responded to everybody individually across all the media, they wouldn't have much time to fix the game!

For the top screenshot, we're not in early access any more so I'm not sure what you're asking. For the second, have you completed the relevant cores and do you have an active internet connection? 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:38 PM, Blind Io said:

They don't post much but they note issues.

Where do they note these issues? If you're referring to the patch notes then, No, they don't. Looking for something like, "We are aware that there are massive stability issues and we are working on them." Not seeing it. Got a link for me. I'd love to see it.

The steam support page directs people to post here. If they had no intention of responding to anyone at all then they should not direct people to do so. Ignorance is not customer service. Did they learn nothing literally nothing from Hello Games?

It is obvious that they were not prepared for a 1.0 release.

6 hours ago, akzmonster said:

Not seeing it. Got a link for me. I'd love to see it.

I mean... Any need for that? Unless I'm reading it different to how it was intended, that's quite rude. I don't think I'd posted anything to deserve that. 

Just because there isn't a public bugs list doesn't mean there isn't a list of bugs. That's all. Not agreeing with their choices, not shutting anyone up, not trying to mock anyone or get riled up. Just that. That's all I posted before. 

I can't speak to the Steam page, but I've made it clear over the last year that directing people here then not communicating here is a poor choice.

On 3/21/2019 at 11:31 AM, akzmonster said:

Did they learn nothing literally nothing from Hello Games?

To SES's credit, they didn't lie or exaggerate what the game would be or what content it would have.   It is not overpriced like NMS was (IMO obviously).   But they have made pretty much every other mistake made by Hello Games.  Set an arbitrary release date on which it will be released regardless if it is ready or not (Feb 6th).   Promise better optimization on 1.0 release, but have major performance issues way worse than alpha.  Do no large-scale beta testing and release a bug-ridden mess.     

There were more bugs and crashes in 1.0 than in any Alpha version I can remember and I played them all (nearly 1000 hours in Alpha).   The lack of a public "known issues" list and unfixed bugs that have been around since before 1.0 make people feel like their bug reports are a waste of time.     They've made mistakes NMS didn't.   Biggest in my mind is having our alpha version and their internal version be so different was a huge mistake. They could have disabled the sat thus protecting the endgame and let us beta test the real game instead of wasting time with v0.10.5 "Final Alpha".     

As a former software developer (reformed), if they learned these kinds of dev tactics at GDC... then maybe they should skip that conference.    

The good news is that like Hello Games, I believe SES will eventually make the game mostly right .   When that day happens, I'll change my steam review like I did for NMS.   Things ARE getting better.  Another good round or two of bug fixes... and get dedicated multiplayer servers going to relieve that whole line of problems, and maybe we'll be there.     

Oh, and as far as the OP... I think he is showing that he played in alpha but doesn't have the retro suit. 

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:38 PM, Blind Io said:

There's a link on the forum footer and in the main menu on the website as well as a sticky post on General on the forum... 

Discord is not the place for bug reports, that's what this forum is for. Joe, Chloe and Veronica often check the forums. They don't post much but they note issues. If they responded to everybody individually across all the media, they wouldn't have much time to fix the game!

For the top screenshot, we're not in early access any more so I'm not sure what you're asking. For the second, have you completed the relevant cores and do you have an active internet connection? 

I have done the main planet core, but have not done others. Cores have no affect on the retro suit as my brother started off with one when playing for the first time. I have a great internet connection, as my brother does too (obviously). I am asking if there is a place where my bug reports will go noticed as if I try asking this a month from now, I will seem like a beggar asking for a retro suit when you cant get it. I did earn it, so I don't see why I don't have it. People on discord couldn't help me.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, probro said:

Oh, and as far as the OP... I think he is showing that he played in alpha but doesn't have the retro suit. 

yep

So these might not be entirely legal but some effective ways to get the attention of the devs are:

-hack into their accounts and post messages or whatever in their name.

-email them directly.

-hack into their accounts and learn their house locations and go to their houses and tell them.

-hack into the game in steam and whatever and fix the code yourself(also please add cats).

I do not take responsibility for anything anyone does, please don't do it if it's illegal.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:10 AM, probro said:

When that day happens, I'll change my steam review like I did for NMS.   Things ARE getting betterAnother good round or two of bug fixes... and get dedicated multiplayer servers going to relieve that whole line of problems, and maybe we'll be there.     

Same.

And, okay, the game has gotten better since 2016. No reason to not expect that trend to continue. I remember the last big black-out level of non-communication was when they were moving offices.

I sure do hope so.