galaxyquest

1.0.13 - Steam - Game stops responding and needs to be closed from Task Manager

Since 1.0 launch, the game just freezes at a point for what seems to be no reason? It doesnt seem to be tied to any particular action in game, tabbing out, using an overlay or not, running as admin, switching to my main SSD, or really anything I've tried to coerce it into working. It never generates a log, theres no hidden right click paste error, it just hangs until I force end it. I created a dump from the two processes, but even zipped it's too big. However Astro.exe is always waiting on astro-shipping when i check the wait chain. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

RAM:G.SKILL Flare X Series 2x8GB DDR4 2133

Drive: Mushkin REACTOR 1TB SSD

similar issue,

does your game freeze every time in the "solar system loading" screen ?
and can cause a black screen when you close it with Task Manager ?

Nope. It teases me and pretends like everything is working as intended until I get in the zone(20 min to about an hour if I'm lucky?) and then I just freeze. The music still plays  and If I'm hosting multiplayer, my guy just keeps running in whatever direction and then moonwalks back to infinity until the other person gets kicked. I've watched my temps and cpu and memory and I don't spike or show a memory leak, or really anything abnormal. It just stops responding. 

Have you tried the deleting all the movies except Anomoly, Computer Screen, and Gate Unlock work around? It didn't work for me, but we don't seem to have the same problem

Apart from the OS I have a very similar system and am having the same issue (though it can be hours into a game before it happens (during a 6 hour stream today it happened twice)). I'm using Windows 10.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:45 PM, galaxyquest said:

Have you tried the deleting all the movies except Anomoly, Computer Screen, and Gate Unlock work around? It didn't work for me, but we don't seem to have the same problem

I opened all the topics about similar issue than mine (your was the first i found), and tried this solution that i found on another topic (not worked).
It seem like that my PC have memory leak but memory scans, chkdsk scans and anti-virus scans don't find anything.