Sign in to follow this  
Michal Lachut

Power connector for Shuttle.

Like in the topic, back in days we ware able to connect  a shuttle to Vehicle Bay, that would be helpful if we have a small off world base (all power and oxygen source on board of shuttle), and just few small platforms for equipment. Just an idea.

astroneer-shuttle.jpg

Posted (edited)

I suppose they want to incentivize building bases rather than carting a mobile base around inside your shuttle cargo hold. And I gotta say I agree with that decision. Even when you could build platforms off of your shuttle, I'd always build separate bases a short distance from the landing spot. In the end, it really isn't a huge investment in resources or planning to bring a few packaged platforms or resin nuggets along with you and build a small base on site.

Edited by Bomoo

I have not built a base an any planet other than Sylva, my home planet. I have been placing an Oxygenator and an RTG on small platforms near my landing site and letting those supply air and power for my facilities and tether lines. I upgrade the power generation and electric storage as the number of facilities increase, but, so far, I only have one base building and it is on Sylva. Part of this may be because I haven't built a shuttle that is big enough to haul the packaged base to another planet yet. I have the supplies and ability to build the large shuttle, but I don't know if that giant base package would even fit in there.