SES_joe

Patch 1.0.13.0 - March 13th, 2019

On 3/16/2019 at 3:34 AM, ItZ Romzy said:

Hey SesJoe,

on xbox under saved games the is a file called reserved space data, I think it acts as a cache for the game. It’s only 256mb, can we try increasing this to see if it helps with game performance. It’s obvious that once the world contains lots of platforms/resources mined by the player performance starts to drop. I wonder if this might also help the host in multiplayer. Worth a look? 

42644097-5338-4D5C-B5FB-63331542262E.jpeg

I dig the way you have the gases set up like that!

27 minutes ago, Glitchedit said:

So this clearly didn't fix xbox version as it says it was supposed to.  I do have the 1.0.13 and there is nothing but crashes about every 10 mins or second or third time trying to get into a rover or shelter.  so, im still waiting.  Is there going to be another update to fix this issue? You have no idea how annoying it is to spend 2 hours digging for ores just to hop into a rover once full just for it to crash.  Out of the 28 hours of playing this game I only have the first plants core done due to all the crashing. I also find it extremely laggy, is this part of the same stability issues with the game?  So not only saving the game as you go along, you move very slowly.  I had thought it was normal at first and then I played on my stream acc and noticed a huge difference and Im sure the way it is supposed to be.

1.0.14 isn't yet released for XBox. Here are some fan-made patch notes from the PC launch of 1.0.14 yesterday: 

4 hours ago, Raymond Thornton said:

4 hours ago, Raymond Thornton said:

👍 it’s evolved since 

Posted (edited)

I have created an account to say that I have seen noclip's documentary on Astroneer and the story of the development of this game and how you keep throwing patches and updates on this game amazes me and it is awesome. I do not own a copy of the game because I don't really play video games much, but thank you for taking care of your players. A great example of how you can create something great with passion and still make a profit. Congrats and good luck ❤️🙏

Edited by csalmeida

8 hours ago, Raymond Thornton said:

if you get a chance I like to see what you got. I am fighting the bug that makes my game crash 1/3 time when I get into a buggy

I’m on Xbox one, username iTz Romzy. Add me. 

On 4/6/2019 at 9:37 PM, csalmeida said:

I have created an account to say that I have seen noclip's documentary on Astroneer and the story of the development of this game and how you keep throwing patches and updates on this game amazes me and it is awesome. I do not own a copy of the game because I don't really play video games much, but thank you for taking care of your players. A great example of how you can create something great with passion and still make a profit. Congrats and good luck ❤️🙏

This is so freakin hilarious 
I laughed so hard I had tears rolling 
@csalmeida I can't wait for your second post! 

12 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

This is so freakin hilarious 
I laughed so hard I had tears rolling 
@csalmeida I can't wait for your second post! 

It's a joke. It's a fake it's not possible.

@SES_joe Thank you for always (at least) trying to keep us up to date on patch notes and everything else that you do. I know that it may not be an easy answer, but my question to you is, do you possibly know when the next update/patch may come out and what it may improve and/or add to the game? I understand if it may not be an exact date that you (may) give me, but at least will it be sometime soon, like maybe within the next two weeks or so? I know that SES is trying their best with the resources that they got, but I am just (almost) always so excited for a new update and cannot wait at all. Also thank you for your consideration into this manner. 🙂

I know I'm venting right now,  but its been a month since the last patch and two months since full release and in no way I have been able to play multiplayer, which is the only reason I bought the game. I still experience horrible desync and framedrop, additional to really heavy GPU load even though I have all graphic settings on low - it climbs up to 80ºC+.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V PRO (LGA1155)
Graphics
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (EVGA)

13 hours ago, Neekk0 said:

I know I'm venting right now,  but its been a month since the last patch and two months since full release and in no way I have been able to play multiplayer, which is the only reason I bought the game. I still experience horrible desync and framedrop, additional to really heavy GPU load even though I have all graphic settings on low - it climbs up to 80ºC+.

For what it's worth, with the latest patch I can host a multiplayer game and "only" drop from 60fps to ~25-30 when someone join. Before the patch I instantly got to 6fps. There *is* some improvement here, although I'd like to know exactly what changed.