SES_joe

Patch 1.0.13.0 - March 13th, 2019

On 3/18/2019 at 5:34 AM, aegi737 said:

only a idea ppl who use windows 10  and have the crashes ,post the system specs ,i am sure its a Memory Issue,then i never got such crashes and the DEVS need such specs to solve thingys easier

my specs are AMD Quad cpu @3.80ghz ,24GB Ram @1600  ,GTX 960 4GB

and the ram load can be only not enough memory to work with it,then windows 10 need for 32bit 1gb and some more to work nice for 64bit you need 2gb and more

minimal ram for astroneer 4 GB RAM

to run it better 8 GB RAM

when the ram is fully loaded, it will create allways buffer overflow and that create a crash

In the alpha i had one crash in the beginning i can't remember. Over 500 hours of playing Astroneer later the game crashes twice with the new patch. Do you really think it's my system that runs stable with all other games? Btw, after reporting over 20 bugs i'm sure the dev(s) know my specs.

It's now released, they have income. Recruit more/better devs.

On 3/14/2019 at 6:07 PM, Clo33 said:

I just think they needed money. It's understandable it's a very small studio. They do not give up the game on Xbox like a lot of early access. They start publishing performance fixes. My fps have increased on xbox one x. After we waited 2 years for some we can wait 2 / 3 month more. Do not worry they will make it playable.

It's not understandable to me to be sold something that doesn't work, and then over a month after the release of it it STILL doesn't work. I am playing on xbox one x, online with a friend on PC who is hosting it, works on PC doesn't work on xbox. It is literally in an unplayably-bad state.  Why should we be so understanding? What about this situation is OK? comparing System Era to some other shit studios who release broken games doesn't make this suddenly alright...

How do you know they will make it playable? it hasn't been fully playable ONCE in it's entire development history, and there are NO other games this studio has released to look at to see their pedigree. What reason do I have to assume that it will be fixed anytime soon?

To remind everyone. i LOVE this game, bought it like close to 2 years ago, but i haven't ONCE gotten to experience it properly online, and even in single player its not great, but completely broken online

all i want to do it FUCKING PLAY IT AS ADVERTISED WITHOUT IT CHUGGING TO THE POINT OF BEING DETRIMENTAL TO THE EXPERIENCE. a little bit of lag i could handle but it is literally not playable. Takes a fun game and makes it a piece of fucking shit that is incredibly frustrating. I couldn't suggest ANYONE buy this game in good conscious.

me n my buddy literally check back every single week too, like wasting time on our fucking friday night every week booting this up to see if its even playable. do the developers REALLY think that everyone will be this leniant? I feel like a fucking chump

36 minutes ago, Mark Pedersen said:

It's not understandable to me to be sold something that doesn't work, and then over a month after the release of it it STILL doesn't work. I am playing on xbox one x, online with a friend on PC who is hosting it, works on PC doesn't work on xbox. It is literally in an unplayably-bad state.  Why should we be so understanding? What about this situation is OK? comparing System Era to some other shit studios who release broken games doesn't make this suddenly alright...

How do you know they will make it playable? it hasn't been fully playable ONCE in it's entire development history, and there are NO other games this studio has released to look at to see their pedigree. What reason do I have to assume that it will be fixed anytime soon?

To remind everyone. i LOVE this game, bought it like close to 2 years ago, but i haven't ONCE gotten to experience it properly online, and even in single player its not great, but completely broken online

all i want to do it FUCKING PLAY IT AS ADVERTISED WITHOUT IT CHUGGING TO THE POINT OF BEING DETRIMENTAL TO THE EXPERIENCE. a little bit of lag i could handle but it is literally not playable. Takes a fun game and makes it a piece of fucking shit that is incredibly frustrating. I couldn't suggest ANYONE buy this game in good conscious.

me n my buddy literally check back every single week too, like wasting time on our fucking friday night every week booting this up to see if its even playable. do the developers REALLY think that everyone will be this leniant? I feel like a fucking chump

this lack of consideration for xbox players is really very annoying. I lost all hope of being able to play while having fun. Post the game on the xbox store that may make them react.

I doubt we'll see the kind of response people want, which is often just some ballpark timeframes. They don't want to feel 'locked in' - as we've seen with 1.0 there can be issues with deadlines.

They've (slightly) apologised that they exited EA without a product that was ready, they're just trying to move forward. An actual statement of known issues would've been good at the time, but after the fact it's pointless. More comms addressing Xbox would be nice, but I think their perspective is that through lack of detail they're 'managing expectations'.

I've been disappointed with the communication a few times since 1.0 (handling the removal of quick-stow sticks out) but it's a $20 game and I have others to play until they get it together. 

As for the 'money grab' idea, they've been hiring staff for months. They seem entirely genuine in their intentions to continue their work on the game for months. They didn't need a boost of capital to support them. As Brendan said in the noclip documentary, they could've walked away with a healthy stack of $$$ but didn't. They just set themselves too hard a target with their desire to get out of Early Access.

The last headline they left us with is that significant improvement to MP is on its way before sooner rather than later. 

18 minutes ago, Clo33 said:

Why the xbox does not appear in the roadmap. We need a patcher inerant to the xbox.

Why? The game content is the same on both platforms. Nothing on the roadmap is specific to Steam. I don't understand the second sentence. 

12 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Why? The game content is the same on both platforms. Nothing on the roadmap is specific to Steam. I don't understand the second sentence. 

Exactly that's the problem the game is just not optimized for console. The hdr10 that was to be deployed during early access is not. Why do you think it can run at over 60 fps on a PC equivalent to the xbox one x performance level and on the one x it should run on average at 15/20 fps.

I'm not talking about Steam I'm talking about pc and xbox. The improvements are not necessarily the same depending on whether it is a pc or an xbox. Check the roadmap during early access you had improvements specific to the pc and other specific to the xbox. Sorry for my english it's really hard to understand and make me understand. Thanks Google.