SES_joe

Patch 1.0.13.0 - March 13th, 2019

Recommended Posts

On 3/18/2019 at 5:34 AM, aegi737 said:

only a idea ppl who use windows 10  and have the crashes ,post the system specs ,i am sure its a Memory Issue,then i never got such crashes and the DEVS need such specs to solve thingys easier

my specs are AMD Quad cpu @3.80ghz ,24GB Ram @1600  ,GTX 960 4GB

and the ram load can be only not enough memory to work with it,then windows 10 need for 32bit 1gb and some more to work nice for 64bit you need 2gb and more

minimal ram for astroneer 4 GB RAM

to run it better 8 GB RAM

when the ram is fully loaded, it will create allways buffer overflow and that create a crash

In the alpha i had one crash in the beginning i can't remember. Over 500 hours of playing Astroneer later the game crashes twice with the new patch. Do you really think it's my system that runs stable with all other games? Btw, after reporting over 20 bugs i'm sure the dev(s) know my specs.

It's now released, they have income. Recruit more/better devs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 6:07 PM, Clo33 said:

I just think they needed money. It's understandable it's a very small studio. They do not give up the game on Xbox like a lot of early access. They start publishing performance fixes. My fps have increased on xbox one x. After we waited 2 years for some we can wait 2 / 3 month more. Do not worry they will make it playable.

It's not understandable to me to be sold something that doesn't work, and then over a month after the release of it it STILL doesn't work. I am playing on xbox one x, online with a friend on PC who is hosting it, works on PC doesn't work on xbox. It is literally in an unplayably-bad state.  Why should we be so understanding? What about this situation is OK? comparing System Era to some other shit studios who release broken games doesn't make this suddenly alright...

How do you know they will make it playable? it hasn't been fully playable ONCE in it's entire development history, and there are NO other games this studio has released to look at to see their pedigree. What reason do I have to assume that it will be fixed anytime soon?

To remind everyone. i LOVE this game, bought it like close to 2 years ago, but i haven't ONCE gotten to experience it properly online, and even in single player its not great, but completely broken online

all i want to do it FUCKING PLAY IT AS ADVERTISED WITHOUT IT CHUGGING TO THE POINT OF BEING DETRIMENTAL TO THE EXPERIENCE. a little bit of lag i could handle but it is literally not playable. Takes a fun game and makes it a piece of fucking shit that is incredibly frustrating. I couldn't suggest ANYONE buy this game in good conscious.

me n my buddy literally check back every single week too, like wasting time on our fucking friday night every week booting this up to see if its even playable. do the developers REALLY think that everyone will be this leniant? I feel like a fucking chump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mark Pedersen said:

It's not understandable to me to be sold something that doesn't work, and then over a month after the release of it it STILL doesn't work. I am playing on xbox one x, online with a friend on PC who is hosting it, works on PC doesn't work on xbox. It is literally in an unplayably-bad state.  Why should we be so understanding? What about this situation is OK? comparing System Era to some other shit studios who release broken games doesn't make this suddenly alright...

How do you know they will make it playable? it hasn't been fully playable ONCE in it's entire development history, and there are NO other games this studio has released to look at to see their pedigree. What reason do I have to assume that it will be fixed anytime soon?

To remind everyone. i LOVE this game, bought it like close to 2 years ago, but i haven't ONCE gotten to experience it properly online, and even in single player its not great, but completely broken online

all i want to do it FUCKING PLAY IT AS ADVERTISED WITHOUT IT CHUGGING TO THE POINT OF BEING DETRIMENTAL TO THE EXPERIENCE. a little bit of lag i could handle but it is literally not playable. Takes a fun game and makes it a piece of fucking shit that is incredibly frustrating. I couldn't suggest ANYONE buy this game in good conscious.

me n my buddy literally check back every single week too, like wasting time on our fucking friday night every week booting this up to see if its even playable. do the developers REALLY think that everyone will be this leniant? I feel like a fucking chump

this lack of consideration for xbox players is really very annoying. I lost all hope of being able to play while having fun. Post the game on the xbox store that may make them react.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt we'll see the kind of response people want, which is often just some ballpark timeframes. They don't want to feel 'locked in' - as we've seen with 1.0 there can be issues with deadlines.

They've (slightly) apologised that they exited EA without a product that was ready, they're just trying to move forward. An actual statement of known issues would've been good at the time, but after the fact it's pointless. More comms addressing Xbox would be nice, but I think their perspective is that through lack of detail they're 'managing expectations'.

I've been disappointed with the communication a few times since 1.0 (handling the removal of quick-stow sticks out) but it's a $20 game and I have others to play until they get it together. 

As for the 'money grab' idea, they've been hiring staff for months. They seem entirely genuine in their intentions to continue their work on the game for months. They didn't need a boost of capital to support them. As Brendan said in the noclip documentary, they could've walked away with a healthy stack of $$$ but didn't. They just set themselves too hard a target with their desire to get out of Early Access.

The last headline they left us with is that significant improvement to MP is on its way before sooner rather than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why the xbox does not appear in the roadmap. We need a patcher inerant to the xbox.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Clo33 said:

Why the xbox does not appear in the roadmap. We need a patcher inerant to the xbox.
 

Why? The game content is the same on both platforms. Nothing on the roadmap is specific to Steam. I don't understand the second sentence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blind Io said:

Why? The game content is the same on both platforms. Nothing on the roadmap is specific to Steam. I don't understand the second sentence. 

Exactly that's the problem the game is just not optimized for console. The hdr10 that was to be deployed during early access is not. Why do you think it can run at over 60 fps on a PC equivalent to the xbox one x performance level and on the one x it should run on average at 15/20 fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not talking about Steam I'm talking about pc and xbox. The improvements are not necessarily the same depending on whether it is a pc or an xbox. Check the roadmap during early access you had improvements specific to the pc and other specific to the xbox. Sorry for my english it's really hard to understand and make me understand. Thanks Google.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:59 PM, Clo33 said:

 Exactly that's the problem the game is just not optimized for console. The hdr10 that was to be deployed during early access is not. Why do you think it can run at over 60 fps on a PC equivalent to the xbox one x performance level and on the one x it should run on average at 15/20 fps.

Neither is it optimized for PC, multiplayer is unplayable as soon as we go into a cave and I bought this for multiplayer solely.

Edited by Neekk0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just leaked that crash fixes are in the works. Hopefully in 1.0.14!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Neekk0 said:

Neither is it optimized for PC, multiplayer is unplayable as soon as we go into a cave and I bought this for multiplayer solely.

Just as a data point, I host on a i5-6500 with 16GB, with one other player connecting from the same LAN, and never get any of the lag I see described here.  I don't know if it's something particular to my specs, settings, network, or what, but it runs great for me, so at least it's *possible* on the current build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Even the solo is unplayable on xbox. Finally playable but slows down and it makes a fart.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thw0rted said:

Just as a data point, I host on a i5-6500 with 16GB, with one other player connecting from the same LAN, and never get any of the lag I see described here.  I don't know if it's something particular to my specs, settings, network, or what, but it runs great for me, so at least it's *possible* on the current build.

By LAN do you mean "same network" and not over the internet? My host has a fiber optic 15Mbit/s connection i7-7500U, 12GB RAM, I have a i5-3570k with 8GB RAM and also fiber optic 10Mbit/s. We can play Rocket League, Elder Scrolls Online and pretty much anything without significant packet-loss or latency, but as soon as we go into a cave in Astroneer we BOTH get lag that makes it unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Clo33 said:

As they say nothing here here is a tweet from Joe.

I can‘t understand, why the devs don‘t post any comments here in this forum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Neekk0 said:

By LAN do you mean "same network" and not over the internet? My host has a fiber optic 15Mbit/s connection i7-7500U, 12GB RAM, I have a i5-3570k with 8GB RAM and also fiber optic 10Mbit/s. We can play Rocket League, Elder Scrolls Online and pretty much anything without significant packet-loss or latency, but as soon as we go into a cave in Astroneer we BOTH get lag that makes it unplayable.

This is same network, yeah -- I play with my son, mostly.  Maybe the issue is with upload latency for one of you?  Rocket League and ESO would both have dedicated servers, but not Astroneer.  You could get a better picture of the network situation by having your "host" port-forward an iperf3 server and have you connect in to it.  If you get good throughput and latency with few errors, then it's definitely the software's fault, but if those numbers look bad then your host could complain to their ISP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox One. Played a new save all the way through. Massive improvement in framerate and it only crashed once in 20+ hours, near the very end after unlocking the final core. Unfortunately also crashes during the end cutscene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:23 AM, Thw0rted said:

This is same network, yeah -- I play with my son, mostly.  Maybe the issue is with upload latency for one of you?  Rocket League and ESO would both have dedicated servers, but not Astroneer.  You could get a better picture of the network situation by having your "host" port-forward an iperf3 server and have you connect in to it.  If you get good throughput and latency with few errors, then it's definitely the software's fault, but if those numbers look bad then your host could complain to their ISP.

That could be it.. but on the other hand I can also play Warframe as client and Host with no problem and as far as I know it is peer to peer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To any mod/dev that may be reading this:

Fix the sub-forum title. It still reads "Astroneer Early Access + Game Preview". Doesn't take a whole minute to do so...

Edited by vvhorus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why people say this game is unplayable on Xbox......  I have been playing it just fine on a S.  I am enjoying my time with it, some lag online multiplayer, but not game breaking.  I look forward  to any improvements they make!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Max Leonard said:

Not sure why people say this game is unplayable on Xbox......  I have been playing it just fine on a S.  I am enjoying my time with it, some lag online multiplayer, but not game breaking.  I look forward  to any improvements they make!

If you like to play in slow motion yes it's playable. On x it turns to less than 20 fps once the base is built. On one s I guess it's less than on one x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 4:16 PM, Reudinger said:

Oh man, this bug still persists? Meh. I red something somewhere this may have to do with different CPU manufacturers of the host and the Client computers. Are you and your mates all using AMD or Intel, or is it mixed? Knowing this would be interesting. We had this terrain regen issues too, but even stranger was when we flew to other planets, because they seemed to be generated VERY differently on the client machines. I (host) am using a i7 4700k, and my friend I am playing with uses a FX-6300. And as I said, I think I red something about Terrain generation differences between Intel and AMD machines...

Sorry for the delay in response, been really hellish month for me. No, we both have AMD's currently. Ryzen 7 2700x's that I shouldn't have splurged on. Issue still occurs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this clearly didn't fix xbox version as it says it was supposed to.  I do have the 1.0.13 and there is nothing but crashes about every 10 mins or second or third time trying to get into a rover or shelter.  so, im still waiting.  Is there going to be another update to fix this issue? You have no idea how annoying it is to spend 2 hours digging for ores just to hop into a rover once full just for it to crash.  Out of the 28 hours of playing this game I only have the first plants core done due to all the crashing. I also find it extremely laggy, is this part of the same stability issues with the game?  So not only saving the game as you go along, you move very slowly.  I had thought it was normal at first and then I played on my stream acc and noticed a huge difference and Im sure the way it is supposed to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.