SES_joe

Patch 1.0.13.0 - March 13th, 2019

I think the whole team should stop being in "Beta, Apha, etc." mode and tell yourself that now the game has to be finished. People pay to have a finished game, because here I have the feeling of living NO MAN'S SKY 2.

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with MP where my friend can't deform terrain after reaching a certain depth on Silva, where the soil turns red (it just pops back a second later as if nothing happened). I've tried sending him my savegame so he could host, but he couldn't see the hole that I had dug despite being him the host, while I could. To me the planet was exactly how I had left it. On his end there was just no hole there.

17 hours ago, Ashish said:

Thanks for continuously sending the updates, they have been really helpful. 

Just wanted to clarify something, may be someone has already asked before and I may not have noticed, but at any point are we expected to start a new save? Especially for the performance to improve. Since I may not have felt the performance increase drastically, although I am aware it was has been mentioned that we're not done with performance updates but I would still like to clarify.

FYI, I play astroneer on the Xbox one X.

I'm on one x I just start a backup. I'll tell you if it's worth it to start over. I am not yet at the same level as my previous backup. For the moment I really feel a big plus.

18 hours ago, Ashish said:

Thanks for continuously sending the updates, they have been really helpful. 

Just wanted to clarify something, may be someone has already asked before and I may not have noticed, but at any point are we expected to start a new save? Especially for the performance to improve. Since I may not have felt the performance increase drastically, although I am aware it was has been mentioned that we're not done with performance updates but I would still like to clarify.

FYI, I play astroneer on the Xbox one X.

It's exactly the same. To restart a game does not change anything. No more improvement than the old backups. Just wait for future fixes. It's already a little better since this patch

Xbox One X , Single Player

Wow. I'm surprised. The performance improvement is noticeable even if it is still bad. For that spontaneously obstacles appear before one on what is tolerable. What surprises me most is that I can save again. I had only 2 hours to test the patch but until now improvement is in sight. The end cutscene is still crashing. But at least it seems like I could activate the last gateways and the store is again. Hope I did not post that too early.

Hey SesJoe,

on xbox under saved games the is a file called reserved space data, I think it acts as a cache for the game. It’s only 256mb, can we try increasing this to see if it helps with game performance. It’s obvious that once the world contains lots of platforms/resources mined by the player performance starts to drop. I wonder if this might also help the host in multiplayer. Worth a look? 

42644097-5338-4D5C-B5FB-63331542262E.jpeg

Edited by ItZ Romzy

Finally figured out why all the game breaking bugs persist beyond 1.0 - patch notes are still being posted here: image.png.0c62cf4b186a4d3f193dcffd03cc058a.png

I have had multiple game crashes every day since this patch went live. I'd had ZERO issues prior to this. I've seen streamers having the same issue. Hoping it's recified quickly, as it's a major pain to repeat the same functions over and over.

I get really bad headaches playing this game on Xbox One, my FPS is 18.5 FPS. I feel like it’s due to entities spawning, standing still cures FPS, but when you move the game runs under 10 FPS. It’s really hard to get anything done after 1.0 because it runs too slow, the game is really interesting and would love to actually complete it, but I can’t get down to the center core of Sylvia because I lag way too much.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:34 AM, ItZ Romzy said:

Hey SesJoe,

on xbox under saved games the is a file called reserved space data, I think it acts as a cache for the game. It’s only 256mb, can we try increasing this to see if it helps with game performance. It’s obvious that once the world contains lots of platforms/resources mined by the player performance starts to drop. I wonder if this might also help the host in multiplayer. Worth a look? 

Bumped!

Still crashes on end game so can't finish game. It won't complete final cut scene .This should be a priority fix. Playing on Xbox one X since early beta. 

On 3/13/2019 at 6:18 AM, Mytos said:

Game crashed on Win10/Steam after aprox. 1 hour playing a fresh game. Last crash happened over half a year ago during alpha. Can't find crash dump files.

Next crash after 1 hour. Game stops, RAM usage goes up (Taskmanager). Still no crash logs...

only a idea ppl who use windows 10  and have the crashes ,post the system specs ,i am sure its a Memory Issue,then i never got such crashes and the DEVS need such specs to solve thingys easier

my specs are AMD Quad cpu @3.80ghz ,24GB Ram @1600  ,GTX 960 4GB

and the ram load can be only not enough memory to work with it,then windows 10 need for 32bit 1gb and some more to work nice for 64bit you need 2gb and more

minimal ram for astroneer 4 GB RAM

to run it better 8 GB RAM

when the ram is fully loaded, it will create allways buffer overflow and that create a crash

Edited by aegi737
info added

On 3/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, Greese said:

I get really bad headaches playing this game on Xbox One, my FPS is 18.5 FPS. I feel like it’s due to entities spawning, standing still cures FPS, but when you move the game runs under 10 FPS. It’s really hard to get anything done after 1.0 because it runs too slow, the game is really interesting and would love to actually complete it, but I can’t get down to the center core of Sylvia because I lag way too much.

Same here. This game literally gives me a migraine headache. I have to stop and take a pill.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, PoweredByPot said:

I created an account just to tell you that you guys are awesome, this game is awesome, and trolls who use tubers for computers and then hate on developers are awesome too.

When people are talking about lag and glitches, they are talking about the game standing alone. Performance issues such as FPS is not the fault of the devs at this point, unless your an Xbox player. 

On 3/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, ItZ Romzy said:

Thanks Joe, cheers for the consistent updates!!

joe we really need some form of maps for navigation around planets. It would be just awesome if we could build a satellite that activates GPS. perhaps once launched a gps mod is also required to be carried. It’s difficult to locate your home base and other players when exploring. 

Also conveyor belts/ jet packs/ medium storage optimisation to only take pre selected resources so when you’re smelting multiples it organises for you.

Just a few ideas i thought I’d share as a huge fan!

They are already working on these and I’m excited for when they come out! If you want to see what the devs still have planned you should check out the developers roadmap! It shows all the things they are considering adding to astroneer in the future 

On 3/16/2019 at 3:34 AM, ItZ Romzy said:

Hey SesJoe,

Have you tried that out yet? Can you change it yourself?

On 3/16/2019 at 3:34 PM, ItZ Romzy said:

Hey SesJoe,

Not sure, devs read your idea, but I hope so!

10 hours ago, ÐαηκɵƼʘ said:

Not sure, devs read your idea, but I hope so!

I hope so too. It’s not something we can change ourselves. 

Come on SesJoe give me an acknowledgment please. 

On 3/18/2019 at 12:34 AM, aegi737 said:

only a idea ppl who use windows 10  and have the crashes ,post the system specs ,i am sure its a Memory Issue,then i never got such crashes and the DEVS need such specs to solve thingys easier

my specs are AMD Quad cpu @3.80ghz ,24GB Ram @1600  ,GTX 960 4GB

and the ram load can be only not enough memory to work with it,then windows 10 need for 32bit 1gb and some more to work nice for 64bit you need 2gb and more

minimal ram for astroneer 4 GB RAM

to run it better 8 GB RAM

when the ram is fully loaded, it will create allways buffer overflow and that create a crash

Really doubt it, since it NEVER occurred before the update last week. Would have been consistent since release if it was a system specs issue.