How does it work though. Is it a repeated keystroke on a timed delay assuming normal runspeed?

9 hours ago, Hermann said:

How does it work though. Is it a repeated keystroke on a timed delay assuming normal runspeed?

Yes:

SendInput, t
SendInput, {w down}
SetTimer, AutoTether, 2900
keywait, MButton
SetTimer, AutoTether, off
SendInput, {w up}

On 3/10/2019 at 10:18 AM, ÐαηκɵƼʘ said:

Yes please on XBOX imp. too (—> devs) 😘

unfortunately these things can only work on a pc 😕

I find it quite annoying that the tether placement button on the controller is DOWN on the D-Pad. So you are pushing the left stick UP as you run forward and then have to release it and press DOWN on the D-Pad to drop a tether. Of course, when you release the left stick, you STOP MOVING FORWARD. This arrangement does not allow you to run and drop tethers (unless you have long enough thumbs to reach over with the right one to push DOWN on the D-Pad). The only way I have found to be able to run and drop tethers using a controller is to put the tethers in an active slot and use the appropriate bumper button to drop a tether as I run. Of course, this means when this batch of tethers runs out, I stop dropping tethers despite having more in my backpack. Also, that is one less active slot for other things like the work light, oxygen generator, etc.

The devs have already said that they are planning to allow controller remapping "soon".  In the meantime, consider placing your tether stack on one of your backpack shoulder slots. This will allow you to tap LB/RB to drop a tether, without breaking stride.