dthrock

Only 1 saved game. HELP

Im playing via PC and Steam with build 1.09  but I seem to only have 1 saved game no matter what I do.  Ive tried making a copy in the save dir and it deletes it.  Is there a setting in an .ini file somewhere that I can change to have more than one save game?

Have you tried:

-restarting steam?

-restarting your computer?

-searching the interwebs for similar problems?

-uninstalling and reinstalling Astroneer?

-checking firewall perms?

On 3/8/2019 at 4:19 PM, dthrock said:

Im playing via PC and Steam with build 1.09  but I seem to only have 1 saved game no matter what I do.  Ive tried making a copy in the save dir and it deletes it.  Is there a setting in an .ini file somewhere that I can change to have more than one save game?

I think you have to copy the save file to another folder. When you want to restore an old backup you need to delete the newer save file and then copy the backup file back to the save folder. You cannot simply copy the older one back and overwrite the newer one because the filename is dynamic in a format as "savename$date-time", which is updated everytime the game saves. I did like this and have no issue rolling back to old save data. I did no test keeping multiple save files but according to your description, the game may choose to only keep the newest save data and delete any older ones.