[Windows 10] 1.0.9.0 - Crash on launch after update.

Hi.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for the release of the game in final version!
I have been playing Astroneer since 2016, and I have to say that your game brought me a fun that I had not felt for a long time, so thanks!

Since the last update, I have not managed to launch the game without crashing my PC. The game crash when I'am on the screen "loading solar system", before main menu. Then, I need to force reboot cause I can't do anything else...
I'm not sure if it's because update, maybe I've launched it once or twice before...
My specs:
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860k
GPU GTX Nvidia 960 2gb
8gb RAM ddr3
240gb SSD

I thought that my ram was insufficient because windows blocked on 100% of ram used just before the crash. But the game works very well on my PS4 (6gb of usable ram).

Same here, and it used to work. I have no idea why it does the bloat thing.

CPU: Core i5-7200U; IGPU: Intel HD 620; 8 GB RAM; 5400 RPM HDD

11 hours ago, shim80 said:

Hi.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for the release of the game in final version!
I have been playing Astroneer since 2016, and I have to say that your game brought me a fun that I had not felt for a long time, so thanks!

Since the last update, I have not managed to launch the game without crashing my PC. The game crash when I'am on the screen "loading solar system", before main menu. Then, I need to force reboot cause I can't do anything else...
I'm not sure if it's because update, maybe I've launched it once or twice before...
My specs:
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860k
GPU GTX Nvidia 960 2gb
8gb RAM ddr3
240gb SSD

I thought that my ram was insufficient because windows blocked on 100% of ram used just before the crash. But the game works very well on my PS4 (6gb of usable ram).

my specs nearly the same

quad cpu

GTX 960 4gb

but alot  more ram ,24GB and it works nice

that mean you need some more ram,then minimum ram is 4gb but since the last updates it need more ram as 8gb,windows also takes alot ram (4gb)  for working normal

18 hours ago, aegi737 said:

that mean you need some more ram,then minimum ram is 4gb but since the last updates it need more ram as 8gb,windows also takes alot ram (4gb)  for working normal

Okay... But why the game work fine on my PS4 (using Linux)? There is only 6gb RAM usable (2gb are allocated for the GPU)...

8 hours ago, ericlnu said:

Performance update that's upcoming (see YouTube) should fix this. They're giving the XBox some TLC too.

Really?! When?

This will reduce RAM usage or GPU will be less demanding?

Different platforms require different amounts of RAM. You can remove the movies from the game files to free up a lot of RAM. According to KVG: 

"Try to move video files from the folder. Move it somewhere so that later you can restore everything back if it does not help.
... \ steamapps \ common \ ASTRONEER Early Access \ Astro \ Content \ Movies
All files except - AnomolyMovie, astroneer_loadingscreen, ComputerScreenMovie, GateUnlockMovie.
These files are high quality video screensavers that take up space in the RAM and prevent the saves from loading.
This method may not always work, but it's worth it.
And developers should determine the attention to this problem."