Tactile Object

Impossible to watch ending on xbox, crash

Xbox one with standard setup

I tried loading it 4 times myself, and now have seen a few other people mention it in xbox too. It always crashes at the exact same spot, just as the station detects there is no astroneer and the capsule detaches from the main ship. It will travel about ten feet and crash right there, all of the loads i did crashed at precisely the same moment. I noticed co.pletion on xbox is only .03% so maybe this hasnt shown up on your radar yet 😛

I am stuck at the same point. I also noticed the computer display is blank during the close-up on shot on the station. I think there is supposed to be an animation of the printing of a new astroneer.

@JimBearUSA yes one out of the 4 times i loaded it the display was blank on mine but the other times it was loaded and showed that animation. Thats part of the reason i dont think its a straight memory problem because in both versions it still crashed at the exact same moment in the end sequence.

@Aaron Timms yes i got the achievement as well. It's just a pain that we cant have a save game after the game is beat, only one just before lol

14 hours ago, Tactile Object said:

@JimBearUSA yes one out of the 4 times i loaded it the display was blank on mine but the other times it was loaded and showed that animation. Thats part of the reason i dont think its a straight memory problem because in both versions it still crashed at the exact same moment in the end sequence.

@Aaron Timms yes i got the achievement as well. It's just a pain that we cant have a save game after the game is beat, only one just before lol

Can’t even get that far game is so slow and FPS is right down can’t grind that hard, your guys persistence to get to the end is above and beyond. Still 5 planets in and can barely move around anymore 😂

@Kev Cunning to be fair i have multiple saves and the one that i managed to get to the end is one where i did nothing but grab one surface purple and unlock the core on each planet and that is it lol no exploring, no extra research, all tethers cleaned up, the works.

My original save is stuck in the core of vesania with only calidor and desolos left to get purples on, so close to system completion! Haha but it has lost the ability to save without crashing. So yeah i guess i am 5 planets in on that one, the same as you 😛

Although my character walks and runs like he is in molasses, I was able to place tethers and do some exploring. I did experience frequent crashes while tunneling to core of the last three or four planets. It got so bad I would turn off the drill as my tractor fell after it broke through and fell into a new level. Once it landed, I would jump out and then back into the tractor. Sometimes it would crash, and sometimes it would save. It kept doing this until I hit the core. Then, I would pack up the tractor and not save until I was back to the origin node on the planet (after activating the gateway and the solar space station for that planet).

Nobody should have to work this hard to play a RELEASED game that went through a healthy early access period. Completely skipping the beta phase for the game (while implementing a new terrain system) was a gamble that blew up in the devs faces. They had hundreds/thousands of beta testers who purchased early access. They should have employed their customers to get the game fundamentals rock sold (no pun intended) before they sneaked in the purple things before release.

Posted (edited)

Same for me but mine crashes at the end credits... Everyday I've been logging on just to see if I can manage to get through the entire cut scene so I can get a save after it. Ive tried small things like switching to starter outfits on the odd chance that it works and restarting the console and nothing worked.

Edited by Pac

Haha oh man i need you guys in the EASY Corp(guild/clan). It's hilarious because I am the only xbox guy so far and I have done most of this stuff too, including jim bears method of getting out every layer to try a save on the way to a core. I try my original save game and my finish save game everytime there is a patch just in case something changed retroactively and i can finish it out 😛

Posted (edited)

Still crashing at the end on X-Box. Even tried saving in a buggy right before I placed the final purple  triptych, but still freezes as the credits finish. SO ANNOYING! Spent many hours on this game just to get to the end and we cant finish it!!!  😵😖

Edited by Jbcurtissfl

On 4/27/2019 at 11:41 AM, Jbcurtissfl said:

Still crashing at the end on X-Box. Even tried saving in a buggy right before I placed the final purple  triptych, but still freezes as the credits finish. SO ANNOYING! Spent many hours on this game just to get to the end and we cant finish it!!!  😵😖

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for this in a game that was RELEASED nearly 3 months ago.

4 hours ago, JimBearUSA said:

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for this in a game that was RELEASED nearly 3 months ago.

Agreed! Actually ive been playing this game since the Beta version came out in 2016. So for 3 years I have dealt with bugs, freezes, updates, and patches! Would like to finish the game PLEASE, and then keep playing of course!! 

Posted (edited)

It WORRRRKKEEDDD. Finally finished the ending without freeze and crashing !!!!☺️:)

Now time to finish conquering the universe and ravaging its deposits of precious minerals

Edited by Jbcurtissfl

13 hours ago, Jbcurtissfl said:

It WORRRRKKEEDDD. Finally finished the ending without freeze and crashing !!!!☺️:)

Now time to finish conquering the universe and ravaging its deposits of precious minerals

What platform? What game version? I have never been able to get through the ending sequence.

Posted (edited)

@JimBearUSA I ran into the same problem a few frustrating of times on my Xbox One (patch 1.0.13). To resolve this I saved it before I went to take the last action. After that, I just rebooted my system to make sure that all the resources were clear. When I reloaded my game, I was able to finish the final sequence.

Edited by schadeck

3 minutes ago, schadeck said:

@JimBearUSA I ran into the same problem a few frustrating of times on my Xbox One (patch 1.0.5?). To resolve this I saved it before I went to take the last action. After that, I just rebooted my system to make sure that all the resources were clear. When I reloaded my game, I was able to finish the final sequence.

Thank you. I will give that a try and report my experience.

Yes same here. I placed all of the pieces, transported back to buggy, saved, then activated the portal in the center.