Mak-a-Face

Smelter Upgrade

After two years of development, you would think that the smelter would also have been upgraded besides its looks but it hasn't other than requiring you to have constant power to smelter instead of having to charge up the smelter to use it.

Currently the smelter will output 1 to 1 ratio but that's doesn't make much sense especially if you have one Organic and the smelter will output the equal amount as one Carbon. Normally smelters don't return equal amounts of material placed in them, it should be more like 4 to 1 ratio. So four Organic should output one Carbon or two Malachite should output one Copper and so on.

Just something thing about.

30 minutes ago, redstonerti said:

Why would four organic make 1 carbon? then the medium generator would be even more useless than it already is.

I agree. Even though realistic, this would only get annoying.

21 hours ago, redstonerti said:

Why would four organic make 1 carbon?

That's happens when you burn something, there's less of it. Organic is mostly made up of water, so removing all the water, it should be more like 8 organic for 1carbon.

Think you're confusing the terms upgrade and downgrade. While I understand where you're coming from it's not something needed. If you want realism they'd have to make this into a full blown survival game. Which would require the addition of habitat building, green houses, food, water, 💩,  and etc. At that point you might as well sign up for the colonization mission to mars if you want the game to be that tedious and realistic.

22 hours ago, Haze33E said:

Think you're confusing the terms upgrade and downgrade. While I understand where you're coming from it's not something needed. If you want realism they'd have to make this into a full blown survival game. Which would require the addition of habitat building, green houses, food, water, 💩,  and etc. At that point you might as well sign up for the colonization mission to mars if you want the game to be that tedious and realistic.

Ah, but someone's downgrade maybe somebody else's upgrade and vice versa. When System Era upgraded the trading platform and remove the trading of organic, a lot of players were upset. Was that a upgrade or downgrade? Depends who you talk to.

What does smelting organic have to do with survival? It's not like we're extracting moisture or nutrients from these plants to survive, we're just burning it to produce carbon.

I definitely agree something should be done to upgrade the smelter, at least for the end game players. I go off world to mine dozens of resources, only to return to my home base and take just as long smelting the materials as it did to mine them. as for the downgrading to make it more "realistic", depending on how you do that it may actually be a smart idea, for example making metal alloys by smelting two metals at the same time instead of using the chemistry station for it (exclusively for metals as you don't want to make the chemistry station useless). but gathering materials is already fairly tedious especially for the more rare and hard to find ones so it would be torture to have to gather FOUR TIMES AS MUCH just for a single unit of that material!!!! following that rationality you would have to boost the materials spawned by the same margin which would only serve to annoy players forcing them to load up several large rovers full of materials just for a single medium storage unit of refined material!!!! this would also annoy players due to the fact that driving with trains of vehicles is already fairly difficult with the rugged landscape. Change one small feature like this and as you can see the issues begin to pile on.