Raccoon1PL

Weapon to fight unfriendly creatures

A weapon to fight the creatures in the caves would be much more comfortable than just digging out the ground under them(but it is the only way now). Of course, it should be available through researching and could be an upgrade for a terraforming tool, like adding another modifier. It should use energy or even ammunition made from metals. It's not a high priority need but it would be nice to see it happening in the future.

what kind of weapon?

a lot of people want this game to stay family friendly, so what were you thinking of?

16 minutes ago, Skully said:

what kind of weapon?

a lot of people want this game to stay family friendly, so what were you thinking of?

What about tranquility rifle, or gun shooting web? 

Just now, Fragman said:

What about tranquility rifle, or gun shooting web? 

nice idea

these two solve the problem of defense for hostile fauna and flora, without bringing in AK-47's

I wouldn't want a real "gun" in this game. I feel like it would destroy the actual exploration aspect because you always have to think about the hostile environement.

I'd rather want a "energy bubble gun" which uses all your energy for one bubble. And with this gun you can permanently bubble hostile plants (gas plants) to not get harmed by them anymore.
Of course you'd have to research this gun first.

This has been something I've been thinking about.  It would have a "battery" of its own.  Could only be used on the plants to disintegrate (despawn them).  Could even require different materials for construction.  Lithium, component, titanium and perhaps resin as well.  It could be placed on either of the upper pylons and equipped via the "R" key (Rifle).  One shot on a full charge.  This would also eliminate the troublesome task of trying to get all the ground around them to kill them, as well as digging a hole to bury them in.  Exploration is dangerous, and even though the terrain tool works to end the troublesome plants, it doesn't feel quite right.  A simple single shot energy weapon wouldn't make it a third person shooter and still would focus on exploration.

Here's a thought make a device that harvests say the fart  plants acids ( like a hydrazine cannaster) to use it to kill off other plants. Or make a fungicide to kill off the plants. Some of these worlds tend to over spawn the plants. Or use the gun to harvest the plants to hard organics for another generator source.

Edited by Northstarranger
word spelling change