Allow us to shred anything that we can repack

It would be nice to be able to shred all the old platforms once we unlock the larger ones as well as be able to shred tractors and the trailers 

Yep agreed that being able to shred re-packaged items would be a good quick solution to getting rid of larger unwanted/superseded stuff and earning some scrap in exchange for some graphite and your old gear. It's one of the things I've tried because it seemed to make sense. PSA - you can destroy multiple old platforms etc. with one dynamite as long as you place a hydrazine on each object within the blast radius. Makes a big hole though!

yeah because in a MP me and a group is doing we have 4  starter ships that we ended up digging a deep hole and throwing them in and then covering it up instead.

If we could of just repacked them and then shred them would of been better but instead we end up have a trash dump spot.

For the time being we just throw all the stuff we made early game into the hole and covering them back up each time.

if we could just recycle them with the shredder it would be better then when we on on the main base seeing a bunch of rocket icons where the dump spot it and get rid of that would be much much better

I had the same feelings too about shredding all the garbage, but then the irony was not lost on me.  I think of all the abandoned garbage on our moon from all the space missions, I think about how we round up bury our garbage on Earth to make things look tidy. 

How art imitates life, having this garbage problem in Astroneer...

They should just rename the medium shredder to small shredder and large shredder to medium shredder. Since we don't have a small shredder.

What I'd really love to have though is something in-between a drill and the medium shredder that attaches to the crane. So we can drill/grind away on the large satellites and rover wreckage to collect scrap.

Cause currently unless they give us the ability to lift rover wreckage the new shredder will only be good for platform wreckage and the research container lids.