Deform Terrain Tool Stuck on Auto Dig

Gregg247

I logged into the game this morning and my digging gun is stuck in the "On" position.  Whenever I click on E to equip it, it starts to dig up everything in its path.  How do I turn this off?  I didn't realize there was an Auto button on this thing, but I want to get rid of it ASAP.

Follow Up:  I've exited and restarted several times and the results are always the same; I cannot equip the digging tool without it automatically digging up everything on its own.  I even opened a different Astroneer game I'd saved from last month and its doing the same thing.  What do I do?

• 6 months later...

Windows 10 

This issue is also happening with my game. Tried restarting game, computer, starting new game and issue still persists.

I normally use mouse and keyboard but have also tried using an xbox controller.

• 8 months later...

Playing on PC and I am having the same issue with my game right now.  Terrain tool is stuck "ON" and i can only turn it off by putting it away.  I went into another save and even started a new game and it's still doing it.  I don't want to uninstall and reinstall in fear of losing my progress.  Is there a fix for this?