Ok first post here, so let me know if I'm doing something wrong:

First of all: There would be two types of vehicles added: one for land (similar to a car hauler), and one for space. 

Second thing: All 'prices' I state are just ideas for what I think would be fair and/or balanced.

Land:

Small Vehicle Carrier: Can transport 2 tractors(with 3 trailers each),4 small rovers, or 2 medium rovers. Would cost similar to a large rover.

Medium Vehicle Carrier: Can transport 4 tractors(with 3 trailers each), 8 small rovers, or 4 medium rovers. Would cost 2-4x as much as the large rover.

Large Vehicle Carrier: Can transport 8 medium rovers or 4 large rovers. Would cost 4-8x as much as a large rover.

Air/Spacecraft:

Small Vehicle Shuttle: Can transport 1 tractor with 3 trailers, or 2 small rovers. Would cost similar to medium space shuttle.

Medium Vehicle Shuttle: Can transport 2 tractors with 3 trailers each, or 4 small rovers, or 2 medium rovers. Would cost similar to large space shuttle.

Large Vehicle Shuttle: Can transport 4 tractors with 3 trailers each, 8 small rovers, 4 medium rovers, or one large rover. Would cost 2-4x as much as large space shuttle.

Suggestions on how this could be changed or added? Leave them below

Hopefully this is in the right format, let me know :D

@Robotron, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your ideas.

Just to clarify what @CopperyMarrow15 is saying, 1 Graphite allows you to create a Packager, and you can use this item "package up" many items for stowing on the Medium and Large Shuttles.  I find this planning and logistics mechanic quite enjoyable when preparing to go off-world.  Maybe that makes me a bit odd (or not surprising I gravitated to playing Astroneer, haha!)

22 hours ago, Davenaut said:

@Robotron, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your ideas.

Just to clarify what @CopperyMarrow15 is saying, 1 Graphite allows you to create a Packager, and you can use this item "package up" many items for stowing on the Medium and Large Shuttles.  I find this planning and logistics mechanic quite enjoyable when preparing to go off-world.  Maybe that makes me a bit odd (or not surprising I gravitated to playing Astroneer, haha!)

This is completely what I meant. I love the current system of Crates. @Robotron, you might like using Power Cables to connect rovers to one another and carry them around. This even allows you to carry more cargo.

I'd like to be able to move vehicles through space unpacked, just for the aesthetic value of it. Being able to drive my rover train onto a drop ship, unhitch the lead vehicle and then take the rest to another planet would be awesome. Not sure why a different mechanic would be needed for ground travel, on the planet you already have transport - the vehicle you want to transport - and it's easier and faster to move it via orbit so slow and sure drive there, fast and easy fly there.

A long time ago I suggested a small vehicle with good energy efficiency but little to no storage that could also be snapped onto a T2 slot, so you could cart it around on your rover and use it to scout larger areas. Since then they added the buggy which serves that purpose except it can't be snapped without packaging it first, like everything else. I still wish they would add a small vehicle that can be snapped whenever you want. Would be nice especially for people that like to go out for long resource-gathering expeditions with a rover train.