1.0.9 - RTG Can Now Be Shredded

The feature wherein removing and replacing an RTG on a shredder platform/vehicle without accidentally shredding it appears to be non-functional as of 1.0.9.

If this is intentional, again, I have to wonder if whoever is making these "fixes" has ever actually played the game. "Boy, I have too many RTGs, I guess I have to scrap some." is not a problem anyone playing this game has. However, "$%#%!!! I accidentally shredded my expensive and very valuable RTG" IS very much a problem people playing this game have.

A real solution, if this feature is indeed perceived as a "bug," would be to introduce the option to turn the shredder on/off before socketing things onto its platform.

Edited by Bomoo

"Fixing" a benign and even beneficial non-issue makes the game worse, is my point. I know perfectly well what's in the patch notes.

The abitly to turn the shredder on/off would be a big help. I've already accidentally shredded a few things just while trying to organize my base. I'm definitely keeping my RTGs away from that blasted thing. 

Why not take the shredder off of the platform before you make any changes. IIRC, removing the shredder from the platform shuts it down and even closes the doors on the top of it when you set it on the ground.

1 minute ago, Flyingcrowbar said:

Why not take the shredder off of the platform before you make any changes. IIRC, removing the shredder from the platform shuts it down and even closes the doors on the top of it when you set it on the ground.

That's an inconvenient work-around, but it is a practical one.