Some sort of feature for time to pass by quicker. Maybe when you enter the shelter, you would have the ability to skip half a day in-game, since currently the shelter is only used for saving and a small bit of power. This would be useful if you had to wait for a vehicle to recharge, something to finish printing/scanning etc.

Well, I get what you're saying there... But, in my opinion, that kinda defeats the purpose of all those in-game systems that you are talking about... Those things take time because time is really the only limiting factor there is, other than energy, which also takes time to generate. It seems like it would unbalance the game if you could just skip all the things that you would normally need to wait for... There would be no reason to build more energy generating devices, for example, because you could just wait out the time it would take for things like printers to print something with a minimal amount of power, as opposed to building more or better solar panels or wind turbines or whatnot to speed up the process. Having to wait for things means there is a reason to balance your power needs with your need for expediency, and for more resources or more research. Not to mention that you could skip through the night if you are using solar, and skip through periods of low wind if you are using wind power... It just seems like it would negate the purpose for a bunch of different systems in the game... So I can't really concur with you, in my opinion. No offense, of course, just my thoughts on the matter. :)