SES_joe

Patch 1.0.9 - March 1, 2019

On 3/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, Nargg said:

I'm still not quite convinced of Terrain 2.0  Overall it's better, but only stlightly.  The caves are terrible.

Terrible? I thought the final alpha was bad enough but this is just horrible. You can't even drive around anymore with all the garbage that litters the caverns now. On top of that, there is holes everywhere is going down to the next layer. You try to get around without tethers and you can literally get lost so quickly because everything looks the same. We used to be able to drive down into the caverns and now we have to build ramps down to each layers to get around. It was so much fun sliding down the tunnel to know nowheres, just to find a Astro Doll. It would have been nice to slide down to find something grander.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, MAJOR WOODS said:

Until they started killing game performance & literally served no purpose other than to make you take shelter for several minutes, essentially keeping you from playing the game. When storms come back, they need to serve a real purpose other than to make you take shelter. Otherwise they're just a waste of processing power. 

Tell that to Mother Nature, then come on back with her response.

And I never saw a single performance drop.

Plus, it could have easily been a setting somewhere. So people who cry about boohoo boxes hitting them in heads can just play a game with it turned off. Then the rest of us can enjoy the storms as they were.

Edited by Frigidman

34 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Tell that to Mother Nature, then come on back with her response.

Plus, it could have easily been a setting somewhere. So people who cry about boohoo boxes hitting them in heads can just play a game with it turned off. Then the rest of us can enjoy the storms as they were.

Oh boohoo, you can't have your pointless feature. Waaaa! What a baby. Get over yourself. Just because you didn't have an issue with a feature affecting your gameplay doesn't mean it didn't affect anyone else. You're not the only gamer on earth. Have some perspective & consideration for others. Not everyone can afford to pay for a pc. Some people don't even have the means to pay for anything other than food & rent. 

1 hour ago, Mak-a-Face said:

Terrible? I thought the final alpha was bad enough but this is just horrible. You can't even drive around anymore with all the garbage that litters the caverns now. On top of that, there is holes everywhere is going down to the next layer. You try to get around without tethers and you can literally get lost so quickly because everything looks the same. We used to be able to drive down into the caverns and now we have to build ramps down to each layers to get around. It was so much fun sliding down the tunnel to know nowheres, just to find a Astro Doll. It would have been nice to slide down to find something grander.

It would be nice if they could find a way to make the caves more traversable, like they used to be, & still give them an authentic cave look. Before they were nice & convenient tubes, and now they look closer to the real thing. If they can manage to find a good middle ground between the two, it would make for some nice aesthetic & convenience of travel at the same time.

10 hours ago, Frigidman said:

There was only one drop, after the first 5 , 6 hours. Then it runs low constantly. You never saw? Here you can...

It‘s like slow motion. And near Endgame it’s starts to crash randomly and when saving.

2 minutes ago, Rico1980Ger said:

There was only one drop, after the first 5 , 6 hours. Then it runs low constantly. You never saw? Here you can...

It‘s like slow motion. And near Endgame it’s starts to crash randomly and when saving.

Did you create this save after 1.0.9 or before? I've been having trouble with my older saves, but the ones I made after 1.0.9 are running fine. 

Also, he's referring specifically to storms during the game's early access stage of development. And he's playing on pc. Console has always had more performance drops than pc. Storms were a common problem for players on Xbox because their effects would extend beyond the surface of the planets & slow the game down. 

If you're not familiar with storms, just wait a few months. SES wants to bring them back, but with more variety & purpose. They took them out of the game because, as Joe said in the livestream, "no one liked them". He was exaggerating a little of course, because there were plenty of people who did like them, but the majority didn't for various reasons. Mainly because they served no real purpose other than to make you take shelter for several minutes at a time. So, you would just literally sit there... waiting.. & couldn't do see or do anything, for several minutes. That's why "no one liked them". 

They talked about xbox performances on twitch if an anglophone could tell me what they said please. I think the patch is coming out this week

14 minutes ago, Clo33 said:

They talked about xbox performances on twitch if an anglophone could tell me what they said please. I think the patch is coming out this week

A new patch will be release this week, the first in a series of performance updates. 

The headline fix is for picking up and putting down tethers, which can cause freezing in large networks. 

6 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

A new patch will be release this week, the first in a series of performance updates. 

The headline fix is for picking up and putting down tethers, which can cause freezing in large networks. 

OK, thanks. I do not use fasteners since the beginning I am using a vehicle. We'll see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Clo33 said:

OK, thanks. I do not use fasteners since the beginning I am using a vehicle. We'll see what happens.

Also they further summarised the test that they were working on as;

We had a large save running around 10fps, and through fixing bumped this to 20fps. 

It doesn't mean performance will double across the board, but I'm getting interested to see the results. Heading for that 30fps target! 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, MAJOR WOODS said:

As long as you bought the game while it was in early access, before the 1.0 release, then you should own the Retro suit. If you didn't buy the game until 1.0.4, then you should not own it. 

ive had the game since the bases weren't moveable and I do NOT have the retro suit!

On 3/5/2019 at 8:26 PM, MAJOR WOODS said:

Did you create this save after 1.0.9 or before? I've been having trouble with my older saves, but the ones I made after 1.0.9 are running fine. 

Also, he's referring specifically to storms during the game's early access stage of development. And he's playing on pc. Console has always had more performance drops than pc. Storms were a common problem for players on Xbox because their effects would extend beyond the surface of the planets & slow the game down. 

If you're not familiar with storms, just wait a few months. SES wants to bring them back, but with more variety & purpose. They took them out of the game because, as Joe said in the livestream, "no one liked them". He was exaggerating a little of course, because there were plenty of people who did like them, but the majority didn't for various reasons. Mainly because they served no real purpose other than to make you take shelter for several minutes at a time. So, you would just literally sit there... waiting.. & couldn't do see or do anything, for several minutes. That's why "no one liked them". 

It's very frustrating eh, I thought release would be better. I've had to stop playing until performance is updated, ssd as I love the game but it's just too slow

On 3/1/2019 at 3:44 PM, Gina said:

When will Journey to the Center of a Thing be fixed??  I've done all of the things and I'm ready for my gold suit!!

me too!!

Devs: This is a great game. I believe you are doing your ideas justice and working to see them through.

Gamers: You should stand behind companies like this. They are a breath of fresh air in the modern gaming landscape. Calling for people to step down is insane. 

33 minutes ago, HaloLegend said:

Devs: This is a great game. I believe you are doing your ideas justice and working to see them through.

Gamers: You should stand behind companies like this. They are a breath of fresh air in the modern gaming landscape. Calling for people to step down is insane. 

+1

1 hour ago, HaloLegend said:

Gamers: You should stand behind companies like this. They are a breath of fresh air in the modern gaming landscape. Calling for people to step down is insane

I support the game since 2016 on xbox. We are behind them otherwise we would not be writing on this forum. We just want to play the game we bought. It's normal anyway. Why this useless comment ???

On 3/8/2019 at 4:16 PM, HaloLegend said:

+1

On 3/8/2019 at 5:31 PM, Clo33 said:

Why this useless comment ???

Because people are taking their anger out at a very small team of devs over something that is being furiously worked on daily to improve. It's understandable that people will be angry over the state of the game, but some of the things being said are just unnecessary & overly harsh. People are treating SES as if their a big AAA studio, when the truth is that they're just a 20 person team working on their 1st game as a studio. Some people just don't seem to realize this. 

Posted (edited)

well they stop acting like indy-dev went they took the decision of releasing the game as it was , they said in the video that they were aware of the issue on console but had ETA to respect, that how AAA studio act , calling for Joe to step down , he don't do the communication he is supposed to , just the live stream they host was posted here by a regular member that stated that like usual it was not post on the forum , 100+ days they have not updated the xbox community , so i think to ask for a change is not unreasonable . Again they knew about the game performing poorly on xbox and decided to go ahead with the launch still. People need to stop being the dev wet wipe it's been 1 month that the game is out ...  

Edited by thebobinc

On 3/6/2019 at 1:13 AM, Rico1980Ger said:

There was only one drop, after the first 5 , 6 hours. Then it runs low constantly. You never saw? Here you can...It‘s like slow motion. And near Endgame it’s starts to crash randomly and when saving.

I have the slow motion (PC/Steam) but FPS is 50+ (as recorded by the steam overlay widget thing) with everything at the highest settings and the experimental clouds... I just assumed the slow-mo was how the game was supposed to look... :/

I actually use an external program to increase the simulation of the game by 2x pretty much all the time because it plays so slowly.