SES_joe

Patch 1.0.9 - March 1, 2019

Posted (edited)

the time will come when all the thingys are fixxed.

it looks like atm is the biggest problem the FPS thingy,for me it works nice enough for a thingy who was created from scratch without any other dev team like the big ones (EA,Sony etc.)

my sys is a simple one with 4cores @ 3.8ghz and 24gb ram

oh and yes too much power like Xbox one X is the same as you would run a HEMI Engine in a Beetle ,it will always struggle with to much power,the balance to find is not really easy

easier it would be when Resource thingys Despawn who are not longer needed or forgotten in some caves ,that would make the performance better

oh and for sure that game is absolutly nice,my favorite game since years

AeGiS737

Edited by aegi737

Hello folks,

I have started a new game since this latest update. It all ran relatively smoothly until my base had all the manufacturing up and running  then I noticed several frame drops. I took a shuttle to another planet and noticed it ran smoothly again. It would seem that once your main base becomes too big the game starts chugging. I have everything on medium or low and it only helps slightly. I also have very few tethers going. I really love the game and enjoy the hell outta playing it, but these frame rate issues do get in the way. I also find that when sprinting or using vehicles the game drops frames significantly. I should also add this all single player. I hope some of this info helps you iron out the performance issues. Best of luck. 

I'm still not quite convinced of Terrain 2.0  Overall it's better, but only stlightly.  The caves are terrible.

7 minutes ago, Nargg said:

I'm still not quite convinced of Terrain 2.0  Overall it's better, but only stlightly.  The caves are terrible.

I would have loved for the old cave style to still be present. For a level or two. Sad to see it disappear completely

6 hours ago, MorbidSc2 said:

Hello folks,

I have started a new game since this latest update. It all ran relatively smoothly until my base had all the manufacturing up and running  then I noticed several frame drops. I took a shuttle to another planet and noticed it ran smoothly again. It would seem that once your main base becomes too big the game starts chugging. I have everything on medium or low and it only helps slightly. I also have very few tethers going. I really love the game and enjoy the hell outta playing it, but these frame rate issues do get in the way. I also find that when sprinting or using vehicles the game drops frames significantly. I should also add this all single player. I hope some of this info helps you iron out the performance issues. Best of luck. 

Same here, except I'm playing on Xbox. 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:12 PM, LiquidCow1 said:

Mouse support for xbox when?

This can’t come soon enough, performance on Xbox still isn’t good enough but would love to see this added

I got a bug where my retro suit which I earned after years of support wasn't available. I did not join during 1.0 but joined during 1.0.4, so that may be the issue. Please fix this!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Trenton said:

I got a bug where my retro suit which I earned after years of support wasn't available. I did not join during 1.0 but joined during 1.0.4, so that may be the issue. Please fix this!

As long as you bought the game while it was in early access, before the 1.0 release, then you should own the Retro suit. If you didn't buy the game until 1.0.4, then you should not own it. 

Edited by MAJOR WOODS

15 hours ago, aegi737 said:

the time will come when all the thingys are fixxed.

it looks like atm is the biggest problem the FPS thingy,for me it works nice enough for a thingy who was created from scratch without any other dev team like the big ones (EA,Sony etc.)

my sys is a simple one with 4cores @ 3.8ghz and 24gb ram

oh and yes too much power like Xbox one X is the same as you would run a HEMI Engine in a Beetle ,it will always struggle with to much power,the balance to find is not really easy

easier it would be when Resource thingys Despawn who are not longer needed or forgotten in some caves ,that would make the performance better

oh and for sure that game is absolutly nice,my favorite game since years

AeGiS737

The game is several weeks past release, it had an extra period of development time. People are rightfully upset they can’t play an unfinished product, I hope they do fix it but your thread sounds very nieve.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, thebobinc said:

so anything about xbox fps ?

This. It is getting difficult to play anymore. =(

Still so sad storms are gone. They were truly fun and unique to this game two years ago.

:(

2 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

Still so sad storms are gone. They were truly fun and unique to this game two years ago.

:(

Until they started killing game performance & literally served no purpose other than to make you take shelter for several minutes, essentially keeping you from playing the game. When storms come back, they need to serve a real purpose other than to make you take shelter. Otherwise they're just a waste of processing power. 

Journey to the center of a thing still not unlocking. 

I see other people are having the same issue and would like to help make the issue known.

I can't wait to unlock that Gold skin so I can style on all my friends.

• Client desync and performance drops on all platforms. (Update: We are working furiously to ease the pressure on the host machine in order to fix this. Turns out MANY non relevant items were being rendered (items below ground in caves for example) so we are working on implementing an unreal engine feature that will help this issue tremendously)

This should have been addressed before release, it's an insult. I backed this game in EA and really expected better, the single player is fun but the multiplayer is totally broken. It's developers like you that have stopped me from buying EA games, you just can't be trusted.

Solo mode is unplayable on xbox one x. It will arrenger that I think.

System Era is a 20 person team, so they have a lot of issues on their plate right now.

I hope that Microsoft is helping the team resolve the abysmal [ 15-20 fps ] frame rates currently on the Xbox.

I will keep on playing for now, but the slo-mo attributes of the game can be irritating, as well as the wacky controller mapping.

People love this game, and I hope the System Era team understands that. We just want it to function the way it should.

but yet they have time to watch the Pokemon even , opening new tab to build a new pc , go to the movie , but have no time to post on the Xbox community Hub , watch their twitter you will see , i'm calling for Joe to step down if no apologies are given .

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Orbiter777 said:

System Era is a 20 person team, so they have a lot of issues on their plate right now.

I hope that Microsoft is helping the team resolve the abysmal [ 15-20 fps ] frame rates currently on the Xbox.

I will keep on playing for now, but the slo-mo attributes of the game can be irritating, as well as the wacky controller mapping.

People love this game, and I hope the System Era team understands that. We just want it to function the way it should.

Good on you, sir. It's nice to see someone who can see the bigger picture & not blindly crap on the devs for their mistakes. 

Edited by MAJOR WOODS

My Retro Suit is still missing! I remember playing with it, and it seems like most people got it fixed, but I didn't! please help!!! I did install the patch, and it still isn't there.

Also, if they can't figure this bug out, maybe just give some code on steam or something to everyone, and make it give them the retro suit, if that works. Its just sad that I still don't have my retro suit, and my friends are dying to see it!

4 minutes ago, EmeraldXGaming said:

My Retro Suit is still missing! I remember playing with it, and it seems like most people got it fixed, but I didn't! please help!!! I did install the patch, and it still isn't there.

Maybe try reinstalling the game? 

already tried. nothing works! I have read all of the posts on how to fix it, from restarting, to dying in game, to reinstalling, nothing works! The fastest fix i think is to give a code to people with the glitch, but idk if thats possible with the way the retro suit is made.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:59 PM, SES_joe said:

Client desync and performance drops on all platforms. (Update: Further profiling has helped us identify the biggest offenders for performance, and some fixes are being tested currently for deployment in our next patch)

just a idea ,timed despawn of non used resources will make the thingy run faster.

as i played in that way (removíng by scan the items) it was less laggier and the fps came allways near 50fps ,less thingys less lag(fps drops) that should work on any plattform

a overload of resources will allways create fps drops

Patient guys. They will do something. If he wants to release it on playstation and switch. They will necessarily improve the performance. We have been waiting since December 2016. We can wait 2/3 months of more. Play something else while waiting.