SES_joe

Patch 1.0.9 - March 1, 2019

109.png

Patch 1.0.9.0 Release Notes

The primary focus of this release was to address more of the key gameplay issues and stability issues that we’ve been encountering in live. 

Fixed even more of our most commonly reported crashes increasing overall stability. 

Deployed fixes for a number of our most commonly reported gameplay bugs:

• [AS-6208] - Made the first fix to the issue which is causing players to be randomly launched into the air while walking around, especially on planets other than Sylva. Now if this error occurs, the player will be only slightly bumped and should no longer take lethal damage. We are investigating a deeper fix to Terrain 2.0 that would fully address this issue, as well as some others, but will require more implementation and testing. 
  • [AS-6162] - Made several fixes to Terrain 2.0 which would cause Client players to see seams where Host players have deformed terrain around resource deposits. 
  • [AS-6196] - The Achievement "Delve Greedily and Deep" will now be appropriately unlocked when reaching the mantle of any planet. Unfortunately, this is not a self-healing fix, meaning that you will have to go back to the mantle of a planet to earn this. 
  • [AS-6212] - The exploit that allowed players to generate infinite Scrap by removing Small Batteries placed on the Shredder and replacing them has been fixed. You will now have to go back to collecting Scrap the good ‘ol fashion way. 
  • Made changes to how our backend service checks for Achievement progress in order to address the issue of players no longer seeing customization items they unlocked by completing achievements. If you are still experiencing missing items in your inventory, please keep reporting it to us. 

Cranes and Drills have received several fixes and adjustments:

• [AS-6234] - Fixed the bug causing the Crane and Drills mounted on vehicles to not collect soil into canisters attached to them. 
  • [AS-6270] - Fixed a bug which caused Crane-mounted Drills to stop digging a short ways past the surface. 
  • [AS-6271] - Fixed a bug which caused a lower strength Drill to fail to activate if a higher strength Drill is detached from its slot.
  • The deformation rate has been made uniform across all Drill hardness tiers when drilling soft terrain.  
  • Additional power will now be drawn when multiple Drills are attached to one vehicle. 
  • Buffed the deformation size for Crane-mounted Drills.

A number of most commonly occurring Tutorial issues have been addressed in order to smooth the experience for first time players:

• [AS-6101] - Fixed a bug where the UI prompt for the tutorial dropship does not appear again after a player dies.
  • [AS-6111] - Fixed a usability issue which occurred if a player stowed a research sample in their backpack, there would be no prompt open the backpack.
  • [AS-6112] - Fixed an annoying issue with the small printer where it would lose the Use key and could not be used to print a thruster and progress the objective.
  • [AS-6113] - Fixed an issue where slotting the solid-state thruster to the oxygenator slot on the shuttle mistakenly advanced the objective. 

A number of issues have been fixed regarding quick stow and tier two object carrying. 

• [AS-6160] - Fixed a bug that would cause carried objects to clip through terrain and become lost when a player enters a slide or deploys terrain tool.
  • [AS-1070] - As part of the above fix with carrying objects, addressed an old bug where resources would sometimes fall through the terrain when their model was below the surface at the time they were ejected from the back of the Terrain Tool. 
  • [AS-5038] - And while we’re there, fixed a visual issue where attempting to quick stow a large item while holding it would trigger the “Backpack Full” UI warning

[AS-6206] - The RTG can now be shredded in the Shredder. 

KNOWN ISSUES: 

• Client desync and performance drops on all platforms. (Update: Further profiling has helped us identify the biggest offenders for performance, and some fixes are being tested currently for deployment in our next patch)
  • Some modified terrain nodes will sometimes lose collision, causing players to quicksand into them. (Still debugging this issue. Seems like deformation is causing terrain node math to get into a weird state on lower end hardware. Working on a fix)
  • If you crash while in a shuttle in orbit, the shuttle will remain in orbit and your starting point might get broken. We have a solid repro of this and are tracking a fix. 
  • Rovers with front mounted drills will sometimes cause the rover to lose control when operating the drill for extended periods.
  • Exiting Tractors will sometimes cause clients to catapult into space and subsequently suffocate. (Update: Verified that is happens when pressing "enter" twice before entering. Should be fixed in next week's update)
  • Vehicles will sometimes not respond to input, causing repeated enters and exits before resuming normal operation (Update: turns out this might happen when other inputs are held while entering. Should be fixed in next week's patch)
  • Crashing on loading before the start menu (This should have been addressed in this update, please keep us updated if you continue running into this issue.)

Posted (edited)

I don’t understand is it just for patches because I’ve had the terrain launch me and I died

15 minutes ago, thebobinc said:

so anything about xbox fps ?

Is that fixable tho

Edited by ddh ehdi

59 minutes ago, ddh ehdi said:

I don’t understand is it just for patches because I’ve had the terrain launch me and I died

Really? :0

15 minutes ago, thebobinc said:

Mine is stuck updating lol

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cyssel said:

Really? :0

Yes on arid

When will Journey to the Center of a Thing be fixed??  I've done all of the things and I'm ready for my gold suit!!

The game is still in early access. It's a joke this game. Always unplayable on xbox. Performance is a priority. You imagine the people who buy the game now without being warned of these problems. It is not normal. I have it from the beginning on xbox. The comments of the new buyers are very very bad they all signal a fps problem. How would you like to continue working on the game if nobody buys it. I do not really understand what you do or do not do especially. In short hoping that one day we are a playable game🤞

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Clo33 said:

The game is still in early access. It's a joke this game. Always unplayable on xbox. Performance is a priority. You imagine the people who buy the game now without being warned of these problems. It is not normal. I have it from the beginning on xbox. The comments of the new buyers are very very bad they all signal a fps problem. How would you like to continue working on the game if nobody buys it. I do not really understand what you do or do not do especially. In short hoping that one day we are a playable game🤞

see i agree with this dude fix fps and crashing  coz u will lose player for this game 

Edited by stephen lefeve

Why is it that console players pay full price but only receive half of a game? You knew the game has major issues on console before you put it out yet you still release it demanding full price, now how does that make me feel as a customer? Not good not good at all and the sad part is it will never get better on console just like 7 days to die.

Hey there is a bug on Xbox (not sure if it’s on other platforms) but when moving items  , the cursor sometimes goes behind the player and cannot be moved unless the item is either dropped or likewise moved. Also, please find a way to modify moving items for other button inputs so that when the cursor is placed on the edge of the screen, the screen doesn’t scroll, which can be annoying in tight spaces.

Encontré un error cuando estoy haciendo aleaciones en el laboratorio de química y cuando llevo bastante progreso y trato de guardar en una asiento de rover largo que tengo en el suelo me saca del juego. Trate en una lanzadera grande y saliendo al menú peto tambien me saca.

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why is it that console players pay full price but only receive half of a game? You knew the game has major issues on console before you put it out yet you still release it demanding full price, now how does that make me feel as a customer? Not good not good at all and the sad part is it will never get better on console just like 7 days to die.

reason 7 days never  got updates it its makes when bust there looking in to new buyers 

I agree to my previous speakers in all terms. So much I love the game, so much disappointed and angry am I about the technical condition of the game, the non-existent communication of devs and the bad progress of patches. The game is unplayable in performance and stability and is a unusable product. That the game was knowingly published in this condition was very disappointing and lowered the confidence.

This patch did nothing to me. First I was surprised, I was able to save two times without crashing. Joy starts to come out. And then crashed while I was sorting some items. I reload and some minutes later the same. I reload another savegame of my three (endgame)-saves and also the same like before. I also try to enter a vehicle or habitat and ... YES , CRASHING AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

For me it’s enough at this point. Since release 1.0 I have startet three savegames, three different way to play (without teethers, less items and devices, avoid terrain change as possible),played 207 hours and 53 minutes to never reached all cores (6 of 7) and chambers (29 of 34) and collect all artefacts or make all discovery's. I was very patient but now I am disappointed and angry. My girlfriend and I first have planned a second game for multiplayer, but I have read comments how awful that must be and if even the singleplayer is unplayable I can already imagine the rest. Astroneer could have been a terrific game but the technical condition has made it my source of frustration. There are already a lot of bad reviews and comments on this and as more and more players continue to make progress and encounter the problems, these ratings will increase. Unfortunately, I can not recommend it anymore and will issue warnings in the future. Maybe I'll turn it on again someday, test and hope but as long as I go back to Ark, Minecraft and Subnautica.

48 minutes ago, ElCasito_OuO said:

I found an error that when trying to save the game it crash 

😂😂😂😂👍🏻

It‘s a feature since 1.0, and when you keep playing in endgame, random crashes can hunting you every moment. When you reach this point you finished the game cause of getting unplayable at this point. And that you do not notice the planned end of the game is not bad because if you reach it, it also crashes.

37 minutes ago, Rico1980Ger said:

😂😂😂😂👍🏻

It‘s a feature since 1.0, and when you keep playing in endgame, random crashes can hunting you every moment. When you reach this point you finished the game cause of getting unplayable at this point. And that you do not notice the planned end of the game is not bad because if you reach it, it also crashes.

The final version is scheduled for 2050. I will be retired I have plenty of time to play 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, SES_joe said:

[AS-6196] - The Achievement "Delve Greedily and Deep" will now be appropriately unlocked when reaching the mantle of any planet. Unfortunately, this is not a self-healing fix, meaning that you will have to go back to the mantle of a planet to earn this.

Are you kidding me? I've activated every single gateway on all planets and now after this patch half of them are deactivated again?

[AS-6208] - Made the first fix to the issue which is causing players to be randomly launched into the air while walking around, especially on planets other than Sylva. Now if this error occurs, the player will be only slightly bumped and should no longer take lethal damage. We are investigating a deeper fix to Terrain 2.0 that would fully address this issue, as well as some others, but will require more implementation and testing.

"...will require more implementation and testing"? Seriously? Why did you skip the beta? That's a beta phase for!

Fixed even more of our most commonly reported crashes increasing overall stability. 

Deployed fixes for a number of our most commonly reported gameplay bugs

Wrong! It has to be called:

Fixed SOME of YOUR most commonly reported crashes increasing overall stability.

Deployed fixes for a number of YOUR most commonly reported gameplay bugs

4 hours ago, SES_joe said:

[AS-6212] - The exploit that allowed players to generate infinite Scrap by removing Small Batteries placed on the Shredder and replacing them has been fixed. You will now have to go back to collecting Scrap the good ‘ol fashion way.

Oh, year, that's a critical bug that has to be fixed first.

Some modified terrain nodes will sometimes lose collision, causing players to quicksand into them. (Still debugging this issue. Seems like deformation is causing terrain node math to get into a weird state on lower end hardware. Working on a fix)

and

Vehicles will sometimes not respond to input, causing repeated enters and exits before resuming normal operation (Update: turns out this might happen when other inputs are held while entering. Should be fixed in next week's patch)

Of course, the bugs are caused by our bad hardware and noobish usage of your brilliant software.

please keep reporting it to us

Nope, no more! It's now release. That was your catastrophic decision. Pay for it or do it yourself!

This is all getting more rediculous with every patch. I say that as a steam user. Poor XBox users! I'm now gonna treat this software as it is, an early access  beta. So I uninstall it and may come back in half a year to see what's happened. I regret every second I wasted in this bug forum.

Posted (edited)

This is what my update looked like on Microsoft Store:

kcNwmdJ.jpg

Edited by VipeNess

42 minutes ago, Clo33 said:

The final version is scheduled for 2050. I will be retired I have plenty of time to play 😂😂😂

That’s a optimistic view on the advantage that have.😂👍🏻

25 minutes ago, Sopleb said:

Hmmmm would be nice to have cars that dont randomly quicksand.

Still better then quickcrash or quickquit randomly. Only the framerate isn’t quick. 🤪