Flatulent Badger

Extra Large Landing Pad

I was exploring around exotic and happened across an extra large/tall landing pad with equipment slots and power plugs on it.

Can we get a researchable, usable version of this pad?

1 hour ago, Igoooor said:

What would be the use/advantage of that? Except for visuals?

Who cares? It's the one from the Tutorial* and it looks awesome. Better IMO than the one you can actually build/make, plus as it already exists in game some of the dev time needed to make it function has been spent already so "easier"* to add in. :D

*I suspect.

Well, why would the player spend bytes to unlock it?

Except for when there is nothing left to spend bytes on ;)

On 3/1/2019 at 12:38 PM, lost.ninja said:

Who cares? It's the one from the Tutorial* and it looks awesome. Better IMO than the one you can actually build/make, plus as it already exists in game some of the dev time needed to make it function has been spent already so "easier"* to add in. :D

*I suspect.

My thoughts exactly.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, Igoooor said:

Exactly, im just researching for the sake of researching now.

Having some variety in my bases (they all look the same. Same launch pad, same smelter etc  etc.)

And as @lost.ninja states. the model is already in game. so some wireup (as it works in tutorial and the previous tutorial in EA, it had working worklights etc) it should be "easy" to add to game... (i say "easy" as a software developer, not a game developer... it may not be easy, but from the outside it seems so).

On 3/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, Igoooor said:

If it's the one I think it is, it would make an ideal upgrade to the existing one as you can anchor modules directly to it and connect it to the power grid.

3 minutes ago, lost.ninja said:

if it's the one I think it is

Its the tall one on a column, with plugs at the base and a broken ramp to the top. It has (i think) 2 large item slots and 2 small item slots on the top ring.

You could do much more with this platform than you can with the current one.

I wanted to add to this. I fed power to it and it turns out there is a built-in cable that goes around the outside. It lit up yellow when power was fed, and stayed on after disconnecting the source. However it doesn't seem to have any internal power storage and it would not recharge my backpack when I was close enough to catch its oxygen tether.

I was hoping this "activation" would allow it to be used as a landing spot, but that doesn't seem to be the case:

image.thumb.png.335c800431fd91f99e37d005db0b957e.png

"Whats the point in an extra large landing pad"???? come on guys this is a game about creativity if you cant figure that out for yourselves then why are you here? that is just like saying whats the point in the extra large platform!! there are many things you can do with a XL landing pad. Maybe adding a form of larger tank to store gasses as well as hydrazine so your hydrazine thruster refuels automatically on landing? What about a crane attachment built into the landing pad that allows you to load/unload your shuttle quick and easy? I have my base set up like an airport where I have my tractor act like a luggage vehicle to easily and quickly transport goods to my base after a long mining expedition. Be creative!!! this is literally the entire reason for playing this game!!!

It's just the question asked in the 3 stickied dev posts, that you should explain why it would be useful to have the "new thing" in the game...

4 hours ago, Igoooor said:

It's just the question asked in the 3 stickied dev posts, that you should explain why it would be useful to have the "new thing" in the game...

Yet it's not a new thing... 😛