A Fan Theory (spoiler alert)

nobillyno

I have seen some clues that lead me to believe the direction this amazing game is going.

I do not know all the proper nomenclatures of the in-game features so please bear with me. Also I have never created a post like this so I hope the format is ok,  but here we go:

In the game ending cinematic, our Astroneer pulls out his computer and it shows the solar system:

1694244676_SolarSystem.png.ccae63feee63f125357155ff4161100d.pngNoticed detail that the planet count and placement is wrong. (generic icon or missed detail by SES?)

You can also see the cosmic elevation satellite in the above image as the little white dot to the right of the solar system.

It then zooms out and reveals a map of five solar systems. Two are previously explored, one (the one we are in) recently explored and two yet to be explored.412258747_SolarSystemMap.png.114997a2edb4dc27bf3226a592934e0e.png

Note the system icons are pentagon shaped and the cosmic elevation satellite is also pentagon shaped. Revealing that there are five cosmic elevation satellites.

This also suggests that our handy computer is capable of doing more than just research. Leaving it open for future content updates, i.e. cartography and creative mode.

On the cosmic elevation we have five platforms on the outer circumference. One is used to teleport to any planet of our current solar system. The other four are unused.

Sat.png.8c8d8fe6ff1510957daf94dbdb078159.pngNote all the pentagon shapes. Suggesting the icon shape on the computer.

Now my theory is that this cosmic elevation satellite will be used to have odd stones on all five platforms. To teleport to any planet in any of these five solar systems. Leaving us with a great future of many content updates to come.

I can also speculate that these wondrous purple structures are constructed of Astronium and Exo Dynamics the big manufacturing company that it is, does not know how to use this resource. This is why we can only research it and not build things out if it. Leaving them on a great expedition to find, study and mine Astronium. To learn how to make bigger and better products. Maybe the 5th solar system will unveil the Alien civilization itself!

On 3/6/2019 at 1:39 PM, epicdude312 said:

Nice theory, but there won’t be odd stones on all platforms as they’re actually landing spots for shuttles!

That was my thought. Those platforms aren't unused and are needed for the game in the current state either for multi-player where multiple shuttles might be used concurrently or maybe single player where you need multiple pads if you were to fly a shuttle to the satellite and then use the odd stone to travel to another planet leaving the shuttle on the satellite taking up a pad blocking it from landing another shuttle.

When I first saw the satellite I figured that the rings in the middle would work like an encoder wheel allowing you to change the destination I was somewhat disappointed with how it currently works.

2 hours ago, Brooks Hagenow said:

Those platforms aren't unused and are needed for the game in the current state either for multi-player where multiple shuttles might be used concurrently or maybe single player where you need multiple pads if you were to fly a shuttle to the satellite

And yet the people/aliens who built the satellite clearly didn't use Shuttles, so why would they build the platform to have space for them?

2 minutes ago, lost.ninja said:

And yet the people/aliens who built the satellite clearly didn't use Shuttles, so why would they build the platform to have space for them?

Exactly, just because we use them blank platforms to land the shuttles doesn't mean that its the main reason for their existence. Also i'm pretty sure that changes can be made to fit what ever SES wants. 

The main intention behind this post was to attempt a further story or fan fiction if you will.