JDub

Is there some clue to what you need when you arrive at the core before you get to the core? [spoilers]

For instance one of the planets requires explosive powder to unlock the core. OK how would I know that before getting down there? It seems like my choices  (without cheating and reading a wiki) are: 

1. Go to core, figure out what material is needed, die to get back and lose equipment

2. Build a big ass ramp to the core so I can get back easily 

Option 1 means losing equipment, 2 means spending an hour, maybe 2 making a ramp (and making 7 big ass ramps sounds really boring) 

Is there some sort of clue to what is needed at the core before you get there? There should be! Like show me a hologram of the element symbol as soon as I unlock the first gateway. 

No sorry. The only way, in game, to get this information,is go to core and look at the symbols on the consoles. 

But to die and go back is the best Option. And when you go down again , your old backpack with your stuff is waiting for you. No despawm, and when you die directly at the consoles, the gravity doesn’t play tricks with your stuff. Good luck

4 hours ago, Rico1980Ger said:

And when you go down again , your old backpack with your stuff is waiting for you. No despawm, ...

When you died, you lost the "cache" of material in your canon. 😕

4 hours ago, ÐαηκɵƼʘ said:

When you died, you lost the "cache" of material in your canon. 😕

Easy tradeoff. And with the abundance of any materials it is not even a consideration for me, especially at the 'going to the core' stage of the game. Resources can't be an issue at this stage can they be?

This would very much depend if you wanted to save yourself time or not, personally played many games using a guide and simply having a look at what material is needed for each planet isn’t exactly game braking, at best dude you would just save yourself a little time the real challenge is getting there. Personally I’m trying to play through without dying so I just looked it up. People are boasting there greatness with a silly scrap glitch your still keeping it cool 😎