Faolan

1.0.8-Xbox-Game crashes on save.

When I enter a shuttle, exo habitat or vehicle seat, the game will instantly crash to home screen during the games auto save. essentially making it impossable to save, even using the save and quit option causes the game to crash to home screen and not save. This started happening around he launch of 1.0, but was intermitant, As I progressed towards end game however the issue has progressively gotten worse. Now the game crashes multiple times a play session and anytime I attepmt to save. Thus making it completly unplayable as I cant make and save any progress.

ERA, if you're reading this, Please make this a priority on you're fix list, I enjoy this game, but with this crash on save issue. I cannot enjoy you're game.

Hi, I have the same problem since 1.0.

I start a new ,second savegame with 1.0.7 in hope that the problem was in only in my old prepatch savegame. All was ok (apart from low performance and slow motion movements) and stable until I have done the 4th core engine on Vesania. From this point the games crashs more and more (randomly and when save) and after Novus there no chance to continue playing. 

In the second run, I build only what is needed, no duplicate devices, only ressources that I needed to build less storage and platforms. I share platforms and switched needed devices to save building them. I try to avoid bigger terrain manipulation and only a minimum. I only used tethers at the beginning and collect them all when I was ready. So no single stick is on any planet in my savegame. But all this changed nothing. The game keeps crashing after only some minutes, almost every time I save and the performance is very bad. I love this game since it starts in game preview on Xbox and its great, but technically it’s damaged and I don’t know that this could be patched on the Xbox. The game concept, the programming skills of the developers, the unreal engine and the Xbox one Hardware don’t fit together I guess. Maybe one day, I pray for that, the developers can beat this and change my mind or on the next gen Xbox I have enough power and the game runs in compatibility mode and I can finally finish the game.

I have crashed 40 or so times today. I have been playing the last six hours and only been able to open one portal due to all the crashing when I enter my large spaceship or large rover. 

Currently the game game is almost unplayable if every time you get into a vehicle you crash. Not to mention (as you said) trying the save and quit causes it to crash would makes you load your last successful save. 

“my favorite part of this game is doing exactly what I just did 5-30 minutes ago because my game crashed” -said no one

I am having exactly the same as above. Please fix it or refund our money. If the game doesn't work, you shouldn't be allowed to sell it on the Xbox site. 

15 hours ago, DJ Grennan said:

I am having exactly the same as above. Please fix it or refund our money. If the game doesn't work, you shouldn't be allowed to sell it on the Xbox site. 

That seems reasonable to me.

Even with v1.0.13.0, the game crashes on Xbox:

• During "save" when entering a vehicle or building (this is especially bad on Glacio and Atrox)
  • While playing for an hour or two
  • During the ending (you literally CANNOT FINISH THE GAME ON XBOX)

My advice is to build a rover seat and save very frequently.

Have you tried to report a game? I couldn't manage to do it. It's very easy to buy this dirt, not so easy to tell them the shit doesn't work. 

7 hours ago, DJ Grennan said:

Have you tried to report a game? I couldn't manage to do it. It's very easy to buy this dirt, not so easy to tell them the shit doesn't work. 

Yes I managed to do it. If we are several to do it they may react. At the bottom of the astroneer game purchase page. Report this product It's strange when we are on the xbox store. On the astroneer page, the download starts in a loop.

When you long press the Xbox button on your controller, you should see the "What do you want to do?" prompt and the "Turn console off", "Turn controller off", and "Restart console" options. At the bottom, you should see "Close" and "Report a problem". If you select "Report a problem", you should be able to select "Add new problem", "Games", "Astroneer", and then fill in the Summary and Description for your complaint, followed by "Done".